Will you meet me in Hong Kong?

Will you meet me in Hong Kong?

Hello everybody,

I am a 30-year-old guy living in London. This June I plan to fulfill a lifetime's ambition by visiting Hong Kong for the first time.

As a newly single person (well since 2006) I am travelling solo for the first time, which is scary and exciting at the same time: I can be free to do whatever I like on my holidays this year but also I am slightly worried about getting somewhere and feeling lonely as I will be going on my own!!

What I would really like is to meet some people who live in Hong Kong who may be interested in going out, showing me around, introducing me to some elements of the local culture and help me find the "real" Hong Kong - the most entertaining places to eat, drink, things to see, places to have fun.

So if you are interested in giving me a few tips then please go for it!! At the moment I know nothing about Hong Kong besides the obvious facts that all tourists have heard about. I'm a pretty straightforward, easy-going guy, aged 30, I'm a journalist in London. You can be male, female, tall, short, anything at all!!

Feel free to drop me some tips on here or to chat some more email me at [email protected]

Thank you!! Look forward to hearing from you!!

James

Welcome to soon-to-be-in HK!

Don't worry to come over here alone, as HK is a nice city that nothing should scare you! And there's a lot of things you can do in here, so you wouldn't feel lonely at all time.

It's quite hard to give you hints now as what most travellers do aren't what locals usually do, you know. But still, there're lot of fun for both.

If you want more tips, feel free to ask and hopefully I could help, I don't mind to give you introduction if I'm free in June but I can't make a promise. It's still far from June, so keep yourself updated in here.

Hopefully get the chance to meet you. Welcome to HK soon, hope you like it

Hi James.
    First advice is to warn you abt the hugely hot and muggy weather here. It is like nothing you have ever experenced perhaps so pack some good cotton shirts and trousers or you'll be miserable.

I'm sure between us we can find some good conversation and places to meet up with you.

I will send you a private message here.

James

I'm back in London next week for a while so maybe meet up with you for a beer or two and talk more about HK?

Hi James,
    I've just dropped a couple of messages to your mail box. Hope you will find them useful.
    BTW, if you'd like to get more local news, go to this website: http://www.aziacity.com/hk and look for info you'd like to know. It's a local English magazine -- HK Magazine. Grab one when you are in Hong Kong, and you can make a good plan to try out things very local!
    Here's my email: [email protected] . Expats who'd like to know more about HK can also drop me a line, or we could simply go out for a drink.