Places to socialize next weekend

Closed Thread

Places to socialize next weekend

I'm an ex-pat Englishman living in Los Angeles. I'm travelling alone to Hong Kong next weekend (April 27) then flying or taking the train to Beijing to meet up with some ex-pat friends. I'll probably stay just the weekend in Hong Kong but stay most of my trip in Beijing. It's sort of flexible at this point, except I have 3 weeks of travel total.

So my question is, where would be some good places to meet sociable people, to drink, dance and chat. I'll be going out Friday, Saturday, and maybe Sunday nights. Or I might leave Sunday for Beijing. I don't have anything booked yet.

If anybody would like to make suggestions or meet up, that would be fantastic. I'm open to all ideas but I do like to dance a lot, so nightlife is my thing and maybe some hiking or sporting thing during the day. I'm not much interested in shopping or museums.

thanks in advance,

Martin

Lan Kwai Fong will be one of the places to meet people.

Quote Originally Posted by ronsby:
    Lan Kwai Fong will be one of the places to meet people.
    Thanks for that Ronsby. I'd already heard of Lan Kwai Fong. I was hoping for something more specific.

Did I do something wrong or approach this question incorrectly? I was hoping for much more response. The lack of response makes me think this forum isn't very welcoming to newcomers. Or it's very cliqueish. Or both.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Hey Martin.
    Great to hear that you want to meet up with people. Wait until at least Tuesday to hear about anything for next weekend though. It is a very welcoming forum... just wait and see.

Would like to help but can't provide something more specific also as i don't remember name of bars normally. I just use to walk around in those areas (LKF, Lockhart Road - Wanchai) and head into any if I feel fine with it, but in my opinion I pretty like Mes Amis located on Lockhart Road (there's no dancefloor for you hehe).

I'm planning to have some drinks on the coming weekend, please refer to the following link if you're interested:

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/anyone...ay-t18928.html

Hope you gotta have nice time in HK anyway

The forum's pretty friendly, its just that its a tough question to answer. Its hard to recommend a place where people would be completely open to a total stranger approaching them for a drink and a chat. Posts inviting people to meet up on a certain date and time tend to be a bit more successful. P.s. I can't offer as I will be out of town that week, but hope you have good time anyway.

thanks to all who made suggestions and comments. It makes perfect sense that people don't really plan ahead too much and that plans will be made next week for the coming weekend.

I will be in England just before I pop over to HK, so I will check online as often as possible to look for meeting places.

I hope I will bump into some of you over the weekend.

Martin