• 2 Post By randy1
  • 4 Post By nicNYC
  • 1 Post By bryant.english
  • 5 Post By justjoe86

Looking for other women free during the day

Closed Thread

Looking for other women free during the day

Hi,

I am a 29 year old woman who just moved here with my husband. I am currently not working so I have a lot of free time during the weekdays. I would love to meet other women to explore Hong Kong with, shop, get manicures, etc. Please send me a PM or reply if you are interested in the same

It's mostly women who explore Hong Kong with the Hong Kong Hiking Meetup Group (Hong Kong) - Meetup on weekdays.

I'm free occasionally in the avros..I'm 32. Pm me to hang out sometimes. Cheers~

Quote Originally Posted by nicNYC:
    Hi,

I am a 29 year old woman who just moved here with my husband. I am currently not working so I have a lot of free time during the weekdays. I would love to meet other women to explore Hong Kong with, shop, get manicures, etc. Please send me a PM or reply if you are interested in the same
    Can I make a suggestion (and don't take this this the wrong way) - Shopping, getting manicures, doing yoga, etc I am sure is fun, and is part of being a HK wife. But having said that, I would think doing too much it actually might leave you feeling without purpose or achievement, and a little soul-less.

If you have some spare time, my suggestions are you consider doing some volunteer work (HK dog rescue perhaps), or teaching orphans English, take some Chinese language courses, start a small business, etc.
    JaredHK and bookblogger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    If you have some spare time, my suggestions are you consider doing some volunteer work (HK dog rescue perhaps), or teaching orphans English, take some Chinese language courses, start a small business, etc.
    What about some baking or ironing? Perhaps a bit of scrubbing, in this heat it'll knock the extra pounds off in no time..
    Last edited by bryant.english; 30-05-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    Can I make a suggestion (and don't take this this the wrong way) - Shopping, getting manicures, doing yoga, etc I am sure is fun, and is part of being a HK wife. But having said that, I would think doing too much it actually might leave you feeling without purpose or achievement, and a little soul-less.

Thanks for your suggestions Randy. I am actually a speech therapist who frequently works with special needs children and have volunteered a significant amount of my time to work with children in low income families. My soul feels fine. This post was not intended to say that I plan to fill all of my time getting my nails done and shopping. I was hoping to, and have, find women to spend SOME of my free time with doing these girly things.

OP, can I warn you that if you become a regular on geoexpat you're going to have to get used to people like randy jumping to conclusions, assuming they know everything about you including the best decisions you can make. You will be told that it's only ok to live by their certain pretentious rules.

I mean come on, you've just been called soulless based on a request for a female companion and god forbid you might be interested in a manicure. Didn't anyone tell you manicures are the root of all evil?!

Wow this site is making me bitter

Thanks nicNYC. Your reply makes sense. U will
    make friends in HK in no time

Original Post Deleted
    And welcome to GeoExpat

I also have Randy's jedi powers of perception:

- You were once a child
    - One of your boobs hangs slightly lower than the other one
    - Your great grandmother and your first dog shared the same name. Rover?

Cheersthanksbye