Any fellow Sichuan/Chongqing people here?

Any fellow Sichuan/Chongqing people here?

I'm probably not going to get a lot, if any, responses to this but thought I might as well give it a shot-

Anybody else in HK that is from Sichuan or Chongqing, or has ties to these places? I'm dying to speak Sichuan hua with people (other than over the phone with my family who are still back in the US) who appreciate how much more fun, hilarious, blunt and amusing Sichuanese is compared to English, Mandarin and Cantonese- sorry, a little biased
    Then we can eat really really spicy "ma la" foods and reminisce on how much we miss pi xian dou ban jiang,lao zhao tang yuan, sichuan niu rou gan, suan la fen, etc.....

would love to meet up!

I am..

Hi Mr Bing, I am from Chongqing, but I am in London,UK at the moment,will be in HK next month if my schedule not changed. I haven't spoken my dialect for some time, but not a big deal for me, since I was born and brought up in Chonqing. I read that you moved to USA when you were little, are you sure you can speak and undertand our dialect without problems?

English and other languages are fun too as long as people understand and really get those jokes I am absulotely amazed by English just as much as how the ancients created Chinese and other languages I don't speak abit of Cantonese and I don't understand it as well,apart from ''hello/thanks/good bye''...

How long have you been living in HK? You work for Citibank? That's the only US bank I can think of in HK at the moment, ha... Oh, almost forget to introduce myself first, I am 28 female moving to HK with my hubby

Cheers.

awesome- do let me know when you're in town!
    i grew up speaking only chongqing hua at home and spent summers there and did middle school back in chongqing and all my extended family is back there so i visit them frequently...so yeah u can say i'm a local speaker- it's my first language,haha...i've been in hk for about a year now and am enjoying it so far- it's a lot of fun.
    looking forward to meeting you and your hubby!

Quote Originally Posted by rose_mary
    Hi Mr Bing, I am from Chongqing, but I am in London,UK at the moment,will be in HK next month if my schedule not changed. I haven't spoken my dialect for some time, but not a big deal for me, since I was born and brought up in Chonqing. I read that you moved to USA when you were little, are you sure you can speak and undertand our dialect without problems?

English and other languages are fun too as long as people understand and really get those jokes I am absulotely amazed by English just as much as how the ancients created Chinese and other languages I don't speak abit of Cantonese and I don't understand it as well,apart from ''hello/thanks/good bye''...

How long have you been living in HK? You work for Citibank? That's the only US bank I can think of in HK at the moment, ha... Oh, almost forget to introduce myself first, I am 28 female moving to HK with my hubby

Cheers.

Great.

No problem, I will let you know

Your growing up seems complicated, ha.. Personally I wouldn't spend summer there 'cause it's very hot in summer, the highest can reach to 44c, in fact, it's very hot now in CQ. I have been to HK many times with my hubby, but mainly for leisure. Glad you enjoy life there, can you speak Cantonese and understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bing
    awesome- do let me know when you're in town!
    i grew up speaking only chongqing hua at home and spent summers there and did middle school back in chongqing and all my extended family is back there so i visit them frequently...so yeah u can say i'm a local speaker- it's my first language,haha...i've been in hk for about a year now and am enjoying it so far- it's a lot of fun.
    looking forward to meeting you and your hubby!

Hi Mr Bing and Rose Mary

I know this thread is a bit old but i thought i would give it a try. Pls refer to my other thead. I am interested in trying to backpack in ChongQing later in the year and like to know more about the culture and things to see from a local perspective..I am also learning mandarin and would not mind picking up a few Sichuanese for my trip.

Also interested in trying Ma La Hot pot with others before my trip tho i am not good at it. I tend to sweat a lot but they say its good for you.

I grow up oversea and have basic cantonese so can help out there but i assume that since this thread is old, your cantonese would have improved.

Please let me know if you are interested in meeting up.

Cheers Guys

Nemo

wow, can't believe that I found this post. well, this post is more than 3 years old and you are probably not in hong kong now. anyway, i am from Chengdu, studying in HKU, a few of my friends are also from Chengdu, so, it will be good to meet up and have some spicy, firy food......hope you can get this though.

Hi Danny,

Are you talking to me?

The thread is very old but my thread is quite recent. Pls let me know if you are refering to Mr Bing or not.

Yes i was very suprised to find this post too, i only found out about it when i wanted to know about ChongQing.

Well be interested to meet up later anyway for hot pots etc and make friends, i am sometimes in the HKU area but mostly on the NT side.

Cheers
    Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by dannyning
    wow, can't believe that I found this post. well, this post is more than 3 years old and you are probably not in hong kong now. anyway, i am from Chengdu, studying in HKU, a few of my friends are also from Chengdu, so, it will be good to meet up and have some spicy, firy food......hope you can get this though.

great, we can try to meet up sometime after chinese new year. i am on vacation now and will be back next week. Are you from Chongqing?
    cheers

Hi Danny,

Sure Sounds good! Let me know when you are back from your vacations.

No i am not from CQ, i am actually from HK but grow up oversea but intend to travel to CQ at the end of the year. you can refer to my other posts, was hoping to find Mr Bing.

Cheers