Explore Vietnam (June 16-19)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dear Kat2, Sorry for this late reply, I went to Perth during the weekend. Just got back 2 hours ago

I think it'll be handy if you own a vietnam travel book. The hotels and tourism centers should have maps etc also, but I would suggest get a book because at one point you can refer to your book to find nearest cafes, restaurants etc... I have a frommers vietnam. I can borrow it to you if you want.

I'm not sure about Equatorial Hotel. But as long as the transportation to district 1 is easy then that should be okay. Since most of the tourist places located at district 1.

At night, we went to saigon2 at caravelle hotel, then to top of 23 (sheraton)... they have live music there... But they ran until 1 or 2 I cannot remember, But the DJ at Saigon2 told us that there is one good club called Apocalypto. But we didn't go there. We went to some local techno club instead... It is quite interesting. Unfortunately I could not remember the name and address of the club anymore...

I think the shopping stores closes around 8 pm. Not exactly sure. But I think its different for each stores.
    Just walk along the Le Loi and Dong Khoi street. Many cute stores there.

I agree with rolling smith. It got incredibly hot. Luckily our hotel located at district 1, so we could go back to hotel and have quick shower change shirt. Vietnam is so hot. Sweat in seconds... But that is vietnam. I bought a local hat also. It helps.

cheers,

cheers,

Hi Kat,

Been awhile. In response.

Quote Originally Posted by puffwicon:
    one good club called Apocalypto.
    Locals pronounce it 'Apocolip.' As in 'Apocalypse Now.'
    Not great, but I didn't find great clubs in Saigon. There are a lot of pleasant cafes/bars around, oriented toward the streets. Quite pleasant but could be oppressively hot in summer. Mopeds are fun to cruise around on, and you can rent a sweet historic Vespa if you are so inclined. Get a guidebook. Will make your time better. Sapa, North of Hanoi would be cooler this time of year, but I don't think you are going there. Hang with the locals as much as you can. Nice people...

Hmmm been thinking of going to HCM for a long time... if could make it wana join from 16-19th... please keep posting al the info... Mote the merrier...

Hi all

Tks. for yr all advices. Seems i better get a guidebook for itinerary plan. Well, i dunno if locals can speak in English? or French? Do v need to carry lots of bank notes? know that the amount is huge in vietnamese currency.

BTW, let me clarify it AGAIN....my trip is on July 13-16. Let's c if v can catch up..haha

Katkat