Explore Vietnam (June 16-19)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Explore Vietnam (June 16-19)

Hi

Who wanna explore Vietnam (HCM) during Jun 16-19? Look for gals who hv interest to join. PM if u hv interest.

Jun 16-19 Vietnam, Buy a package (air + hotel), join local tour visit, or visit HCM for foods and some interesting things

Quote Originally Posted by KatKat:
    Hi

Who wanna explore Vietnam (HCM) during Jun 16-19? Look for gals who hv interest to join. PM if u hv interest.

Jun 16-19 Vietnam, Buy a package (air + hotel), join local tour visit, or visit HCM for foods and some interesting things
    Hi Kat,

I initialy planned to spend those 4 days visiting China, but as I am new in Asia, I'm curious about all destinations.

Usually I'm more attracted in nature/adventure/discovery travels, but I'm also opened to cultural trips; far less by beach/farniente/hotel.

It would be great if you could drop me a few lines about what you have in mind.

Hi Bard

Got a package from Zuji at ard HKD 1915 (3d2n) - offered by United Airlines.

Check out this link: http://zuji.hkg.b2c.abacustravelnetw...Date=30Jun2007

BTW, even though the flight schedule is not good, but extend 1 more nite, still only cost HKd 2203 plus 500 (airlines / tax charges)...still cheaper than CX package.

Anyway, then join the local tour at hotel...at city..for historial areas, shopping, eating...etc...or clubbing...i dunno there...just explore.

Or u got any ideas? i am open to other trips as well..but i like to go to Vietnam / HCM cuz its cheap and close to HK...

Katkat

Hi there...

Just visited HCMC during easter. It is a great city, good food and it has millions of motorcycles.

Hope y'all have good trip there...

cheers,

Hi Kat,

I was wondering how was your journey in Vietnam. Did you had some good food? I've been told they have some of the best in the world...

Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by KatKat:
    Hi Bard

Got a package from Zuji at ard HKD 1915 (3d2n) - offered by United Airlines.

Check out this link: http://zuji.hkg.b2c.abacustravelnetw...Date=30Jun2007

BTW, even though the flight schedule is not good, but extend 1 more nite, still only cost HKd 2203 plus 500 (airlines / tax charges)...still cheaper than CX package.

Anyway, then join the local tour at hotel...at city..for historial areas, shopping, eating...etc...or clubbing...i dunno there...just explore.

Or u got any ideas? i am open to other trips as well..but i like to go to Vietnam / HCM cuz its cheap and close to HK...

Katkat

Hi There

Can you suggest some nice places inside city? or countryside? I will be there july 13 - 16. What places for food, what's special cafe there? what's shopping, what's historical places i need to go?

Katkat

Quote Originally Posted by puffwicon:
    Hi there...

Just visited HCMC during easter. It is a great city, good food and it has millions of motorcycles.

Hope y'all have good trip there...

cheers,

Dear Katkat,

For food, I suggest you try one place called "Ngon Restaurant" it is located in front of the Reunification Place. You should be able to find it because there are so many people waiting and you might smell the bbq smoke also. Besides that you could try pho 2000 or pho 24 for vietnamese noodles.

I went for 2 separate day trips to mekong delta river and chu chi tunnel. The mekong delta river is quite interesting as you will take small boat cruising through the small canals. The best part about the chuchi tunnel is you can crawl the tunnel for 100 meters and have chances to shoot shotgun/machinegun/ak47 at USD$1 per bullet.

Which hotel do you stay ? For how many days?

-WIlson

Dear kat2,

Sorry didn't notice your travel date 13-16 july. hahahaa...

historical sites would be the reunification place, general post office, the war museum, central cathedral... that is pretty much it... thats all within the district 1 of HCMC. If you want further, you can go to the chinatown and the pagodas.

They said best place to shop is at ben tanh market, but I found that there are many interesting shops along the streets also. Many souvenies, cute hand made stuff etc...

There are many cafes around the caravelle hotel.

Hi

Tks. for yr suggestion. I wonder if i need to buy a travel book or just visit the Tourism counter (do they hv that at airport/ hotel?)

Well i will stay at "Equatorial Hotel", that's i think at the borderline btw Dist. 1 & 5. Need to take 5 min shuttle bus to city centre. Anyway....i just think once i got the map, and some ideas on the places name etc, i can travel by ourself....will join day trip tour as well. Well...i wanna try Vietnamnese Coffee, visit some French style building, buy some stylish hand made and cheap sourvienor....along the street....well can you tell me if there is light on at nite on the street? when the shop will open & close? Hw abt the hawkers on the streets? i afraid of missing some nice places or thing to buy during the trip.

Katkat

my experience...

A bit of a warning...based on personal view point...

THere's a reason why the package tickets are cheap, the weather! It get dammm hot during the summer months. Just to let you know, i went there in april/may 07 on a cheap package, stayed in HCM city, it was f***ing hot. And I mean "dont want to get out of the hotel gates for more then 2 minutes" type of hot, really humid weather, hot air etc. The locals were all wearing caps because of the heat. Apparently the hot season continues up to the end of summer.

I would strongly suggest anyone to check and be prepared for the weather.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast