Wine...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sounds like fun - let us know when and where and I'll try to make it.

Hi Scotch

Great to recieve positive feedback here. I can PM you abt the wine retailer, which one of staff is my wine tasting teacher....we can get extra discount. Hehe
    Also there was French Wine Fair in Longham Hotel...early this month...i bought good wine....only HKD 79 per bottle...but taste like up to HKD150 wine.

Yr taste much more on Oak & Dry wine and there should be many, which u can go to my teacher retail shop, i PM u.

Katkat

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    Not true KatKat, I'm always ready and willing to help out with the organising! I might not have the contacts (I'm still sort of new here) but got plenty of enthusiasm -for wine and for meeting new people!

Let's get things started then...

I'd be keen too. Will keep an eye out for the time and place.

Wine.....let's meet

Hi All,

Really nice to get all your enthousiastic responses. I am also very new here but hey why not meet coming Saturday the 16th in winebar Boca on Peelstreet, Soho, Central. I have never been there but I heard this is a nice place to go. However if anybody has feedback please do not hesitate. Staunton's Wine bar also in Soho also sounds nice.

Maybe saturday is too short notice, please let me know who can join.

Jasmine

Hi everyone,
    That is a pity as I can't make it this Saturday. In case you will meet and arrange a following date please let me know. I'm really interested to meet other wine lovers.
    Have a good Saturday...

Cool

Hi

After wine tax is reduced by gov't, the wine retailer or restaruant , bar didn't do the same % reduction on the wine price. I am getting more used to have the wine with fds brought from the shop we know and find a place w/o corkage fee. It did make sense, when u r really given a bottle of wine valued at HKD 120, but bar will charge u up to 300% more...HKD 380..per bottle.

But if i hv to go, i will vote "Ritz Carlton hotel'" i often be there for a drink with fds, there is very English bar, with nice decor.

p.s. this hotel will close down by end of yr, per SCMP.

Katkat

Hi,

I would love to join any wine-tasting gathering you are having in the future as well...Unfortunately Jasmine, this Sat is too short a notice and I won't be able to make it...But pls do let us know of any future events.

I've done a brief wine-tasting course at the Vinopolis in London but I'd love to learn & share more...

Also it would be great if we could organize things a little in advance next time...I think more people will be able to attend then..

xx
    Chlo

Let's meet on Friday the 22nd of June for Wine

He guys,

I think it is too short notice because I do not see so many responses. So let's postpone till next Friday the 22nd of June at 9:30 PM somewhere around Soho.
    I will check out some winebars this weekend and see what is a good place to go and post a message really soon so everybody is informed. But just put this date and time in your agenda!

See you next Friday and have a nice weekend for now!

Bye,
    Jasmine

Hi Jasmine, I usually have to work late on Fridays so is there any chance we can meet up some other day in the week?

Yeah...Jasmine and all

Will join u at 9:30 next Friday. I will come after my Jazz dance classes. Well....

Jasmine, ,can you pls. check out the corkage fee? i may wanna buy a bottle and open it.
    Let me know. ok?

Katkat