Romance

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

... and my imaginary wife said 'hi' too.

good lord...

boy am i missing out... night safaris

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Max's apartment is like a zoo!
    Women don't call me an "animal" in bed for nothing, you know.....

I guess boudoir behavior does rub off :|

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I guess boudoir behavior does rub off :|
    Hey, I'm the one setting standards here......

Wow, there is not one worthwhile post in this entire thread. Anyway OP, moral of the story.....If you're looking for romance, try some place other than forums, or at the very least....take down the screen names of those posted on this thread to avoid

If you're asking about "intentions" when people meet from these forums, you're being quite vague. Many people here are genuinely looking for friendships and many find them and make strong connections with other fellow ex-pats.

However, if you're talking about people who meet up on here for "dating purposes" there's probably an odd number that end up in different ways. I've known some real relationships that have been formed from such connections and known a few who just used this as a venue for FUN . So I guess now the real question is how do you tell which is which??? Having been in the same relationship for the past 8 years (married for the last 6 of those) I'll offer some guidance based on my prior life experiences and "wisdom" gained since then.

If you want a real and true opinion on what the initial intention of any single (and sadly some married) guy from "meeting" or going out with a girl the answer is simple....SEX. If a guy is telling you that he's looking for "Romance" he is either:

1. A lier
    2. Gay.

Men make the initial connection in the relationship based on physical attractiveness, that's it, it's # 1 factor. (Please don't give me shit about being shallow, it's the truth). Just like many women, at a first glance a guy will know if the "relationship" has any chance of proceeding to beyond Platonic level. If there's no attraction, they will disengage and focus their efforts somewhere else. However, if they decide to "pursue the target" (i.e. get into your pants), that is really where the true differentiation begins.

It really is in this "courtship" phase where you could probably eliminate much of the scum, and focus on those who could at least for a while carry on a conversation and listen (and not simply stare at your physical attributes). It is in the method/path the guy chooses to pursue the courtship that will let you see a glimpse of their true character. (Also keep in mind that there is often a direct correlation on the length of the relationship to the length of the "courtship" phase, meaning if you cut the "courtship" phase too soon, (i.e. "put out" on the first/second date) that can unintentionally compromise in the long run the second important factor of "trust", as men are very jealous animals, we can subconsciously interpret your signal as being too easy and thus not worthwhile long-term material). However, remember that we do not see this "trust" factor as anything worthwhile until it's compromised. We're only focused on getting to main objective!

Having said that, what you call "Romance" will have to evolve and continually worked upon for the remainder of the relationship (especially after the endorphin based euphoria goes away) based upon a complex set of variables from timing, trust, emotional connection, complementary connection and a set of moral anchors which may or may not exist in the individuals involved.

Good Luck.

while we know the whole point of the romancing is to get in our pants, we just like it if they TRY to be romantic. its the effort, not the end result of the romancing that counts in most girls books. its also best if its not completely cliche. be original and creative. that scores big points, and shows you put thought into it, which means we are worth your time and effort...

^ hands down

i just had to add to your reputation for that long long passage, hellof an effort there brother

Unhappy

OH GAWD!

And here I was sitting in my corner thinking that
    HUMOR was worthwhile !!! I must be on the wrong planet...

Quote Originally Posted by sp1key:
    ^ hands down

i just had to add to your reputation for that long long passage, hellof an effort there brother
    Well, that's how you differentiate a MAN from ANIMALS... :-D