New arrival looking for 'good clean fun'

Closed Thread

New arrival looking for 'good clean fun'

Hey.. I've just arrived into HK and, although I've been known to go out and shake it until the wee hours, I'm generally not much of a partier because I usually only drink a sip or two of alcohol every few months (and don't like smoke). So, that pretty much leaves me out of bars and clubs.

I know I can't be the only one who likes to substitute that for different kinds of fun, can I? What do I like? Visual arts, museums and galleries, films, walking around, good restaurants and good conversation.. that kind of thing.

32 year-old male, from the US, reasonably mature and intelligent half-serious half-nuts type. I'm generally free during the daytime when everyone else is working.

Anyone bored?

Welcome on board !

Welcome to Hong Kong !

Quote Originally Posted by medias:
    Hey.. I've just arrived into HK and, although I've been known to go out and shake it until the wee hours, I'm generally not much of a partier because I usually only drink a sip or two of alcohol every few months (and don't like smoke). So, that pretty much leaves me out of bars and clubs.

I know I can't be the only one who likes to substitute that for different kinds of fun, can I? What do I like? Visual arts, museums and galleries, films, walking around, good restaurants and good conversation.. that kind of thing.

32 year-old male, from the US, reasonably mature and intelligent half-serious half-nuts type. I'm generally free during the daytime when everyone else is working.

Anyone bored?
    Last edited by Jacq; 03-08-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacq:
    Welcome to Hong Kong !
    Thanks for the welcome! Got your PM, will reply shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by medias:

Anyone bored?
    HELLO and WELCOME!...I just moved to HK too...also looking for good people around to hang out sometimes..i can manage to club, dance & sing and drink occasionally but it's not really a habit too...into arts & architecture..

house husbands.....

dude.. is this a new thread for "expat hubbies" hehehhe.. how are you able to have so much time on your hands?! I'm envious!

Quote Originally Posted by sblossom:
    dude.. is this a new thread for "expat hubbies" hehehhe.. how are you able to have so much time on your hands?! I'm envious!
    Nah.. I just create my own schedule. Saves a lot of time to change my weekends to weekdays and weekdays to weekends. Especially in HK with all the crowds.

how are you coping?

learn how to play majong!!

then hit the majong dens in kowloon.

hi,
    i'd love to hang out with you guys, pm me first?
    btw, i'll be happy wtih clubbing, but i'd honestly feel more comfortable clubbing with people if i know them well first. Can we just sit down for lunch/dinner a few times first? i'm a decent person and i'd like to meet other decent people.