shoot some pool

Question shoot some pool

Anybody know any good places to shoot some pool at HK island - preferable in CWB, Wan Chai or Midlevels districts??
    I know of this place in Whampoa (pretty good number of tables) and am looking for a comparable place on the island where I can get a little easier.
    Thanx

Ya, there's 1 at King's Hotel in Wanchai. It's called Joe's Billiard and bar. There are about 9 pool tables there. It's pretty decent.

You can check out the website:
    http://www.joesbilliards.com

I've been looking for a pool place in hk.. doesn't seem to be as popular as billiard~

Quote Originally Posted by wingzz:
    I've been looking for a pool place in hk.. doesn't seem to be as popular as billiard~
    Eh? I think you're going to have to define your terms. I've seen zero billiards in the British sense (3 balls on a snooker-size table) in Hong Kong, and plenty of 8- and 9-ball pool ("billiards" in the Filipino sense, that being what is played at Joe's). A number of the clubs also have full size snooker tables...

ahh.. oppz..

billiard = snooker (in Singapore)
    *Sorry, my knowledge is limited to the different terms around the world*

So, i meant SNOOKER is very popular in hk..
    Joe's place = American Pool

Joe's place is great, loads of tables, good quality equipment, reasonable price. I've been there a couple of times, sadly not actually with anyone though. If you're in need of someone to play against, give me a shout.

The only problem with Joe's is that it is incredibly smoky.

(This despite not having a smoking exemption, so it gets raided and fined from time to time apparently)