Making friends

Closed Thread

Making friends

Hi there

We are moving to Hong Kong next month with my husband's job and come from the UK. We came over last week and had a look at places in DB, and like the area very much.

I am a stay at home Mum and have 2 children, 2 yrs 5 months and a 7 month old baby.

I don't want to feel alone and stuck in our apartment all day with no friends or contact and wanted to say "Hello" on here before I arrive. I am hoping some one can point me in the right direction to other Mums who would like to meet for coffee or so that the children can play together.

I look forward to chatting to you more in the next couple of weeks before we arrive.
    Sarah

Sarah,

Have a look on geobaby's website, there's loads of mums there. On geoexpat, we have ladies' dinner about once a month. Keep a lookout and come along

hi nice to meet you. i am a local and i am interested in western cultures.
    if you want to know more about the local, i can be helpful.
    there is no harm for you to make a local friend when i move to a foreign place!

btw, i am a young female

looking forward to hearing from you

welcome to the HKSAR

You should consider attending a ladies night if you can...

Welcome sarah!
    Feel free to chat with me. I am a local,female.
    Hope I can help you understand more about HK
    before you arrive HK.

Hi Sarah, I'm a mum of 2 (3 yrs & 18 months) and I have been in HK for nearly 3 weeks. Like you, I contacted some people prior to arriving. It was a great help! I would be very happy to stay in contact and then meet when you arrive. I live in Tung Chung on Lantau Island (close to DB). It would be nice to have another mum to meet and have coffee with. Let me know your thoughts, Mandy.