View Poll Results: Are you interested in a potluck/picnic on the beach on Christmas Day?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, count me in!

4 26.67%
  • Maybe, if the weather is good.

8 53.33%
  • Nah, doesn't sound like my sort of thing...

3 20.00%

Christmas - on the beach?

Christmas - on the beach?

Updated - 20/12/2007
    Well... it looks like there are some people interested, which is nice

The weather forecast from the HK Observatory says that the current nasty weather will clear up, as if by magic, on the 25th, which will be 'fine and dry', but slightly chilly with a high of 19C. It may not be sunbathing weather, but unless things change for the worse, I'm going to say we are ON

The plan is very very simple. Meet at Admiralty to get a number 6 bus (or similar) at around 11:30am. If that doesn't work for you, meet at Repulse Bay Beach, somewhere vaguely between 7-11 and the sea, sometime after 12:30pm. Bring food. Bring Christmas food if you like, bring healthy food, fun food, Chinese food, ethnic food - it doesn't matter what you bring, as long as you bring enough for about 1 and a half people - enough for you, and to share. Bring appropriate beach toys - I will have my juggling kit, of course - but most importantly, bring yourself and anyone else who wants to come.

If I've missed anything, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line here or at Facebook - or call me closer to the day on 61718423. I'll (try to!) make sure I have a bunch of beach cutlery, things like that, but if people want to bring more, it would probably be welcome. One thing to confirm, based on last year - you do not have to ask anyone if you can come, put your name on a list, anything like that. Come along, bring food, bring friends - that's all there is to it

Just for the record, and to prove that I'm lazy enough to reuse exactly the same plan as last year, this is the thread from last year. If anyone wants to try to organise anything like last year's suggestion of a secret santa, feel free - I'll join in, but I'm not going to organise it...
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 20-12-2007 at 12:35 PM.

hi vmlinuz,
    Pls. count me in!

word...i am there

Small chance we might show up, assuming I get out of the Bah Humbug mood that I usually get into with the workload around this time of the year.

I was wondering when you were gonna post something about this again.

Last edited by ReverendJay; 18-12-2007 at 05:55 PM.

I'm in as well, Yay for beach pot luck!

Well... it looks like there are some people interested, which is nice

The weather forecast from the HK Observatory says that the current nasty weather will clear up, as if by magic, on the 25th, which will be 'fine and dry', but slightly chilly with a high of 19C. It may not be sunbathing weather, but unless things change for the worse, I'm going to say we are ON

The plan is very very simple. Meet at Admiralty to get a number 6 bus (or similar) at around 11:30am. If that doesn't work for you, meet at Repulse Bay Beach, somewhere vaguely between 7-11 and the sea, sometime after 12:30pm. Bring food. Bring Christmas food if you like, bring healthy food, fun food, Chinese food, ethnic food - it doesn't matter what you bring, as long as you bring enough for about 1 and a half people - enough for you, and to share. Bring appropriate beach toys - I will have my juggling kit, of course - but most importantly, bring yourself and anyone else who wants to come.

If I've missed anything, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line here or at Facebook - or call me closer to the day on 61718423. I'll (try to!) make sure I have a bunch of beach cutlery, things like that, but if people want to bring more, it would probably be welcome. One thing to confirm, based on last year - you do not have to ask anyone if you can come, put your name on a list, anything like that. Come along, bring food, bring friends - that's all there is to it

Just for the record, and to prove that I'm lazy enough to reuse exactly the same plan as last year, this is the thread from last year. If anyone wants to try to organise anything like last year's suggestion of a secret santa, feel free - I'll join in, but I'm not going to organise it...

Hey count us in we missed last year tho...but we should be around...and love to meet new people....whew !!

I am a maybe....