[HKLCEC] Charity X'mas Dinner 2007 (7.30pm, 27th Dec)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking [HKLCEC] Charity X'mas Dinner 2007 (7.30pm, 27th Dec)

Event: Charity Christmas Dinner 2007
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=7063070846
    Organizer(s): Gabriel Kang
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 6694 7155

Date: Thursday 27th Dec 2007
    Time: 7.30pm - 10.30pm
    Venue: Yau Yat Chuen Garden City Club (????????)
    No.7 Cassia Road, Kowloon Tong
    Our venue has 5000 square feet of space and can likely seat up to 400 diners. So spread the word and invite all your friends along!

Meeting Point:
    Kowloon Tong MTR Station (Exit C, wait at the entrance of Pacific Coffee) @ 7.15pm

Menu:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=552384884
    We will also have Free Turkey Roasts / cranberry sauce, X'mas bread / pudding etc. Also included are FREE FLOW of Soft Drinks and Beer. No Corkage charge. (You're welcome to bring your own wines)

Cost: HKD$250 per person
    (For every partipant, a $50 contribution will go directly to the charitable organization, the remaining $200 goes to the Restaurant for providing the venue and buffet dinner. Our club "HKLCEC" will receive a total of 0% of the proceeds and all administrative overheads & costs will be a "donation" from it's founder ^^)

Additional Notes:
    Because Christmas is a time for giving, I'm planning a range of fun activities that will hopefully encourage our members to donate generously to our selected charity.

Our chosen charity is an organization based in Hong Kong known as Sowers Action / ???? (http://www.sowers.org.hk) which helps to build schools in rural parts of mainland china and also helps to pay for the school fees of poor children. We will also be issuing official tax deductable receipts for donations of $100 or greater.

One of the confirmed activities is a charity auction, do let me know if you would like to contribute something of value to be put up for auction. And if you have any fun ideas on charitable fundraising, do let me know.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 27-12-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Fixed Phone Number

This impressive video is my inspiration. It shows you a perspective of the world we live in, how fortunate we are and why I am compelled to take action. I can't achieve much if I do this alone, but together WE *CAN* make a difference.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvTFKpIaQhM

Last edited by Kaen; 20-12-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Sounds great!

Hi there--

This charity Christmas dinner sounds like a great idea and the Sowers Organization also seems like a great choice for this year's charity. I would like to go and am trying to get some friends together--I will try to let you know as soon as possible!

I just moved to Hong Kong about 2 months ago and was previously living in Shanghai which I miss terribly! It would be great to meet some new people and to practice my putonghua AND cantonese....!

LMT

Hi LMT!

Do come join us for the event!
    There are currently about 20ish seats remaining and Locals here tend to make a dash at the last minute so do let me know asap if you're able to make it and I can reserve your seats.

Kaen,

It's so nice of you for the charity dinner idea. Trying to reschedule appointment so i can make it...will let you know =)

Thanks again

Carol

Ah so sorry but cannot make it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaen:
    Hi LMT!

Do come join us for the event!
    There are currently about 20ish seats remaining and Locals here tend to make a dash at the last minute so do let me know asap if you're able to make it and I can reserve your seats.
    Ah--I am so sorry but I won't be able to make it to the event tomorrow! I would love to meet up with your group some other time--do you hold other activities regularly? Sorry again and hope that the charity event goes well!!

LMT

I would love to join your event but I couldn't make it tomorrow. If you have other activities coming soon, pls do not hesitate to let me know. I would love to meet up with your group some other time. Hope that the Charity event goes well!!

We still have about 10 more seats to fill... so do let me know if you would like to join, even at the last minute

You can SMS/call me @ 6684 7155.

We have a pickup point at Kowloon Tong MTR exit C - Festival Walk (look for the entrance of Pacific Coffee). From 7.15pm till 7.45pm.

If you are late you can grab a taxi from Festival Walk to the Venue "Yau Yat Chuen Garden City Club".

Take this number for the club receptionist down so you can call for directions or allow the taxi driver to get directions in cantonese.

+852 2397 4311 (Club Receptionist)

PS: Dress Code - Smart Casual
    (Also Doesn't hurt if you wish to dress to impress!)

ack my number is 6694 7155. that one above was a typo! And I can't edit..

Auction Item Sponsors
    ---------------------
    Corrine Chan, A Variety of 80 X'mas Gifts
    Joyce Chung, A Unique set of Ladies Garments
    Andrew Lee, A new iPod Nano!

We need more sponsors, so do let me know if you would like to contribute an item for the auction. I can also get the charity to issue you "Official Hong Kong Government TAX DEDUCTIBLE recipts" for your donation as well. So the greater your contribution, the less taxes you pay! It's a win-win scenario for us.

Directions
    ----------
    Map - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...1&id=552384884

Or Use Centamap
    http://www.centamap.com/cent/index.htm

Search for:
    Yau Yat Chuen Garden City Club
    No.7 Cassia Road, Yau Yat Chuen, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Pick up point:
    If you are early enough 7.15pm - 7.45pm. We have a pick up point at Pacific Coffee in Festival Walk (Kowloon Tong MTR Exit C). The last pick up leaves at 7.45pm. If you are later than that, try walking or take a taxi, for direction please call the club receptionist @ +852 2397 4311

Walking from Kowloon Tong MTR station: 8 mins
    Nearest Exit - Festival Walk (Exit C).

At Festival Walk's entrance (3 short escalators), turn left, catch the nearest escalator up another flight.

Pacific Coffee on your right. Go up the flight of stairs to a pair of glass doors leading outside. Marks & Spencer on your right / behind you.

Take a right, walk up incline. At the top, turn left, walk down Tat Chee Avenue

You will pass HK Productivity Council, followed by Innocenter on your left.

At the first traffic light you encounter (BEFORE 7-Eleven) cross the street, and take the first right on Begonia Road.

Walk down turn left on Cassia Road, the club is on your right. Refer to signage.

By taxi:
    Look for "Franc Franc" inside Festival Walk, there's a taxi stand next to it. Best to show cab driver a copy of map, or call the club's receptionist for directions: +852 2397 4311

Driving / Parking:
    Parking inside the club and on the street along Peony Road, Cassia Road and Begonia Road possible. There is also a parking lot next to 7-Eleven (along Tat Chee Avenue). Street meters: $6 per hour, Club: $15 per hour. Drivers note that Begonia is a one way street. You need to take Peony Road, and turning right into Cassia Road.

Yau Yat Chuen Garden City Club Ltd.
    Human Resources and Administration Department
    No.7 Cassia Road, Yau Yat Chuen, Kowloon, Hong Kong
    Tel: +852 2397 4311

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast