Just moved to HK

Closed Thread

Just moved to HK

Hi all,

I just moved to HK a week ago. Still trying to adjust. I m 22 , Expat and looking to meet others from the HK expat scene ...

Any Belgians, Dutch, Indians or Americans ... or any other new bees just buzz me!

K

Hey im Robbie, 22 also, came here last summer, havent met to many ppl my age that isn't from hk... I live in Heng on, Ma on shan thats one reason i guess. But anyways i love sports and love to get out there... i have good knowledge of N.T i always go exploring... BY MYSELF

made my first week

Hey Rocky,

Sound interesting - I was in Ma On Shan area yeaterday - it is very different. HK island is quite big city NYC feel and Kowloon is very crowded (for the past I have seen so far atleast ...).

Its great that u r on the NT side : thats where my office is. Maybe we can get Starbucks sometime.

And I thought I am the only expat, who lives in NT Everyone else seems to live in Central or TST

Yes there are a few of us lucky enough to be living on the mainland.... I am lucky enough to be sharing a house in a public housing estate... I am truly blessed*. A truly unique experience.
    * denotes sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky22:
    Yes there are a few of us lucky enough to be living on the mainland.... I am lucky enough to be sharing a house in a public housing estate... I am truly blessed*. A truly unique experience.
    * denotes sarcasm.
    Don't spread the word too far there. The rental contracts with government housing don't allow sharing with those not in the contract. Just a heads up.

To Kami a big welcome to Hong Kong to you!

hi guys iam moving to HK in a few weeks iam 19 and looking to expand my bussines so i figured moving to HK might help do u guys know how much i should expect to pay in rent a month on the Mainland i was paying like 600USD a month and was living ok iam a Aussie looking to meet some others in HK

Its all good, hey james what is your business may i ask?

To Kami a big welcome to Hong Kong to you![/QUOTE]

hey HK CHigger,

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome. I have been here 2 weeks today. Have met some great people through this platform - stay in touch and if u r interested in going out let me know.

P.S. U seem to know a lot about HK - been here long?

K