Traveling to HK 4/4 - 4/9

Traveling to HK 4/4 - 4/9

Hi There! I'll be traveling to HK for 5 nights starting on April 4. Just looking for suggestions on places to go, potential siteseeing and/or dining partners, anything else you can think of that a newbie in tourist in HK might be interested in.. Mainly going to run a quick bank errand, but decided to stay a few extra days to explore.

I know this forum isn't exactly the place for tourists, but figured I'd give it a shot anyway.

Me: Chinese-American, male, early 30's, live in California, software professional. Been to HK about 8 years ago, but mainly visited people and not enough places. This time I'm prepared with my Lonely Planet guide and comfortable walking shoes and want to really explore.

Guide to HK

Hey Eric!

I'm Erna, been here in HK for a year now. here are some of my fave spots here in HK.

* The Peak for sure! Let's hope for clear blue skies while you're here, it's been rainy and greay these past few days.
    * Lantau Island - You can see the Giant Buddha and they also have a hiking trail over there. You've got a really lovely view of the statue and the island when you're at the top! ^_^
    * Cheung Chau island - It's a little island with a beach little shops, and only bicycles! You can eat seafood or dimsum all along the pier and enjoy some local snacks.
    * Shopping --> well you know they've got nice big malls here, but they're quite pricey. But if you're looking for bargaining stuff, then Mong Kok market or Temple St market is the place! The market on Temple St isn't that big but i heard the seafood in the area is very good!
    * Nightlife - Lan Kwai Fong for sure (Central, exit D2 by MTR) and SOHO, nearby LKF. Try the escalator to go all the way to the end ;-)
    In Tsim Sha Tsui they have a similar place to LKF called the Knutsford Terrace, it's not very big though.
    * Stanley Beach - it's a nice area and they also have a market over there too.

Hope this helps and keep you busy during your stay here in HK ^_^

Thanks!

Thanks for the nice suggestions Erma. I just flew in last night.. since I'm staying on Nathan, I already checked out the Mong Kok a bit last night. I'm sure I'll have to go back for some shopping.

Will be sure to check out some of the other places you mentioned as well.

Eric