Tin Hau / North Point

Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tin Hau
    Posts
    1

    Tin Hau / North Point

    Just moved out of serviced apartment hell into an apartment in Tin Hau, and I'm eager to meet some people in the "neighborhood" (which I would define loosely as Victoria Park east to North Point, but particularly my area around Tin Hau station). There are all kinds of yummy looking restaurants along the nearby stretch of Electric Road (and many more as you go toward North Point), and I'm dying to find someone to try them out with!! Or whatever else might suit your fancy--I'm open to suggestions!

    So if you're single or a sociable couple, local or also expat, give me a shout. (While I'm especially interested in meeting nearby people, am also always interested in making new friends wherever they may be--as long as I can take the MTR!) I travel a lot for work, but should be around for the next week or so.

    About me: Male, American of Scots-Irish extraction, mid-20's, work in Central in financial services. First time living in Asia, but not internationally, and have travelled extensively in the region (got tired of the cross-Pacific flights and decided just to move!). Interests include the outdoors, movies (Asian and Western), music (everything, but especially classical and jazz), good food (Asian or Western), drinks with friends, etc.--all the "normal" stuff. Interests do *not* include wading through vomit in LKF--pretty much got done with that first year at university, not really looking to repeat the past!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    27

    Heyyy

    Hellooo

    I may not live in your neighborhood but I am looking to expand my circle of friends (not too many) in HK and start enjoying it here!

    I am 23 yrs old, born in HK, moved to South Africa when I was 6 and been living in London for the past 3 years. So what does that make me? A local or an expat? I don't quite know but now I am back for the next couple of years so i'm going to try enjoy it as much as I can!

    I love good food and good wines that go with it, watching movies, shopping, hanging out with friends, travelling and exploring...I am about to start a new job in fashion in Kwun Tong.

    Anyway enough about me, let me know if u want to meet up and make a new friend!

    Shirley


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Point
    Posts
    44

    Hi AlexMac,

    We're a couple living in North Point - came from Sydney about 1.5 yrs ago and looking to expand our social circle! My partner loves playing sports like cricket and soccer,tennis, fishing (is fishing a sport?) but has not had the opportunity since arriving here. We're both over the drink-til-youre-blind period, and mostly enjoy just a beer or two.

    Hows the apt in Tin Hau going? We were thinking of moving there too but somehow made our way to North Point!

    We're trying to organise a get together on Wednesday night, if you're interested let me know.

    This is an open invitation so the more the merrier!

    Quote Originally Posted by alexmac
    Just moved out of serviced apartment hell into an apartment in Tin Hau, and I'm eager to meet some people in the "neighborhood" (which I would define loosely as Victoria Park east to North Point, but particularly my area around Tin Hau station). There are all kinds of yummy looking restaurants along the nearby stretch of Electric Road (and many more as you go toward North Point), and I'm dying to find someone to try them out with!! Or whatever else might suit your fancy--I'm open to suggestions!

    So if you're single or a sociable couple, local or also expat, give me a shout. (While I'm especially interested in meeting nearby people, am also always interested in making new friends wherever they may be--as long as I can take the MTR!) I travel a lot for work, but should be around for the next week or so.

    About me: Male, American of Scots-Irish extraction, mid-20's, work in Central in financial services. First time living in Asia, but not internationally, and have travelled extensively in the region (got tired of the cross-Pacific flights and decided just to move!). Interests include the outdoors, movies (Asian and Western), music (everything, but especially classical and jazz), good food (Asian or Western), drinks with friends, etc.--all the "normal" stuff. Interests do *not* include wading through vomit in LKF--pretty much got done with that first year at university, not really looking to repeat the past!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    74

    Living right smack at North Point and totally loving the harbour view! Tons of really nice cheap places at N. Point. My latest discovery is to die-for chicken rice for a mere HKD30!

    Anywho, how about enlarging your circle a bit more. A large group of us are going to Cheng Chau this Sunday. Daresay, wanna join us? We meet at Central IFC - Godiva store at around 10:00am-10:30am. Am taking the MTR and can meet you in your stop.

    No alcohol, just good fun. Let me know!


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5

    hey! i live in fortress hill so really close to you guys! Let me know if you want to get together Bit of background.. I've been here for almost 4 mths,from Aus and here for another 5 mths.


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Point
    Posts
    44

    Hi Ness, you are pretty close! Are you up the hill or closer to the water?

    My partner and I are always buying groceries at the parknshop there - and that new Nike outlet is not too bad! Haven't eaten there except at MX, any good places around there?

    Quote Originally Posted by nesshk
    hey! i live in fortress hill so really close to you guys! Let me know if you want to get together Bit of background.. I've been here for almost 4 mths,from Aus and here for another 5 mths.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Point
    Posts
    44

    hey Raveninhk I just PM'd you.

    Quote Originally Posted by raveninhk
    Living right smack at North Point and totally loving the harbour view! Tons of really nice cheap places at N. Point. My latest discovery is to die-for chicken rice for a mere HKD30!

    Anywho, how about enlarging your circle a bit more. A large group of us are going to Cheng Chau this Sunday. Daresay, wanna join us? We meet at Central IFC - Godiva store at around 10:00am-10:30am. Am taking the MTR and can meet you in your stop.

    No alcohol, just good fun. Let me know!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10

    Hi Alexmac, I live nearby the Victoria Park too. Let me know if you want to find acompany for some good food or coffee.


  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong Island
    Posts
    19

    Hi Y'all,

    I'm from the US, live in North Point for about 1.5 years ..i've been walking to BK and Subway almost everyday for lunch ...would love to meet up for coffee/lunch/dinner...


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5

    Wow! I live right by the Fortress Hill MTR. Let me know what you guys plan on doing! I'm going to have dinner on Wed with a few ppl in Tai Koo. Is your Wed dinner still on Aussie cup?


Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast