Any reliable matchmakers recommended???

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any reliable matchmakers recommended???

This is very embarrassing. But I’ve been very desperate. I would like any of you to recommend me any reliable matchmaking companies in Hong Kong.
    And I have a long story...
    I finally make up my mind and determine to settle in Hong Kong. Since after travelling to quite a few countries, I feel Hong Kong is the greatest place—most convenient, and lowest cost of living and so on. (though of course, people keep criticizing our pollution.) I become a more proud Chinese.
    At my late twenties, every of my kith and kin is worried about the fact that I’ve been single for too long. At the beginning, I just ignored them as I was a frequent traveller and enjoyed my freedom and adventures. Then I feel my loneliness is growing. When nearly all of my friends are having a relationship and even getting married, all I have deep inside me is envy (I hope my friends do not read this). I really hope to find my soul mate soon, to have someone to talk to, and accompany me to wherever I go (especially attending my friends’ wedding). Frankly, after a deeply heartbreaking relationship four years ago, I have been greatly disappointed with men, who only cheat. Then I become quite superstitious. I believe that I must seek someone who was born in 1976 and 1972. Since I cannot ‘interrogate’ every guy I meet, I think I would just seek for a match-making company. I would not try online matching because I don’t know if people are faking their age. I would not prefer speed dating because I do not feel comfortable in front of a lot of ‘competitors’. Also, I am only seeking 1976 and 1972, to be more specific, someone who was born either from Jan 31st 1976 to Feb 17th 1977 or from Feb 15th 1972 to Feb 2nd 1973. That’s why I am begging everyone to recommend me a reliable matchmaking company, which will 'scrutinize' everything for me.
    Thanks for your patience and help.

It is clear that what you need is a psychiatrist, not a matchmaker. No sane man is going to get involved with someone whose primary criterion for the "right guy" is their date of birth.

Last edited by PDLM; 14-04-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Wink

It so happens that I was born in 1976 and within your clearly specified dates. However, I must say that, unlike U, I'm not "a proud Chinese", especially since I have some issues with how mainland government "handle things".

Also, I am not a superstitious person. I believe we should make our own destinies (remember Matrix?).

Even though my Date of Birth fits your criteria, our personailities definitely do not fit. So, I suggest you throw the D.O.B. bullshit out the window. May I advise that you let your hair down a bit.

In case you're still interested after knowing my D.O.B., you are welcome to send/PM me a photo.

Last edited by via; 14-04-2008 at 08:01 PM.

We Chinese can be very superstitious. Oh! By the way, do you know the meaning of "superstitious"? Being superstitious does not mean someone is psycho or mentally illness. People who ever read horoscopes columns on newspapers or magazines all imply that they are superstitious. Does that mean they all need a psychiatrist???

A psychiatrist maybe or maybe not.
    But make sure you have an undertaker paid up and on standby.
    With those sort of narrow parameter even though there are more " proud Chinese " than any nation on earth. I would give odds you die alone looking for this special person.

My wife is Chinese and she has a very surprised look on her face after reading this. She thinks your mad.

a dog is a loyal companion and would surely not let you down. he could go wherever you go!!!

however im not so sure if you could have a conversation with a dog.... either you get one of those japanese dog translation machines or a parrot ....

Quote Originally Posted by dearting:
    This is very embarrassing. But I’ve been very desperate ... I really hope to find my soul mate soon, to have someone to talk to, and accompany me to wherever I go (especially attending my friends’ wedding). Frankly, after a deeply heartbreaking relationship four years ago, I have been greatly disappointed with men, who only cheat. Then I become quite superstitious ...
    OK, your feelings are real but don't let them drive you to such questionable, desperate measures.

You need more time/patience. Let your hair down and to get out there. Meet new people. Don't stereotype or be suspicious or negative before you actually get to know them. May be difficult, but try "friendship", not just commercial matchmaking by numbers. Good luck.

No one understands

Thought people were helpful here. But it seems all are malicious replies.
    I'm sure birth YEAR is one of the most crucial criteria to the majority, especially Chinese, and probably Asians. For one thing, females tend to age more considerably than males, especially after pregnancy. It is always reasonable that a girl tends to choose an older husband. And for me, I just need someone who is 8 or 10 years older.
    For another thing, I reckon people who seek a matchmaker or attend a speed date all have a preference for a certain age group. And for me, I just make it more specific.
    Have I done something wrong?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dearting:
    ...someone who is 8 or 10 years older.... And for me, I just make it more specific.

Have I done something wrong?
    I don't think you have done anything wrong you just know what your priorities are and your not afraid to vocalize them .... as you should get what you want as you clearly have a clue of what you want!

Unfortunately, I don't know of a matchmaker but if I come across one will let you know.

Thank you Alby

Finally receive some benevolent replies.
    Thank you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast