anyone teach english in china before?

anyone teach english in china before?

hi

i'd like to meet with some people about to talk about their experiences in teaching abroad - specifically china.

i'm very much interested and would like to hear any opinions, suggestions, etc that you might have - pay, accommodations, experience, personal thoughts, etc....

i live in the midlevels and can meet for coffee/lunch/drinks on hk island?

thanks!
    julia.

Visited an international school in Zhuhai recently. By Chinese standards, the pay for English teachers is great. I make a lot more here in HK, but then again, the cost of living in HK is significantly higher too.

One thing about students on the Mainland is they tend to be far more respectful and well-behaved than their HK Chinese counterparts.

thanks jayinhongkong

do u know what year the zhuhai students were in? In your experience, is teaching younger or older children better/easier?

The students I encountered were in Primary 2 or 3 and they were extraordinarily well behaved.

IMO whether it's better to teach younger or older kids totally depends on where you're teaching and what their attitudes are like. In both primary and secondary, there are outstandingly good and bad kids.

I recently had a primary school kid scream and kick me repeatedly before I got him in a bear hug. It would have been significantly more painful if it was a secondary school kid I'd had to deal with. I like teaching older kids because we can have serious conversations, but the younger kids are a barrel of laughs.