Like Tree1Likes

New Quiz Night at Causeway Bay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Quiz Night at Causeway Bay

It will be hosted by a good friend of mine Stuart Farr at Barn II on the 22nd July 2013.
    Starting at 8pm, I would like to invite everyone here to join if you got the time.
    $500 bar tab for winner and if you are on your own or need a team. Please feel free to PM me..

What's the max team size?

Quote Originally Posted by lazyexpat:
    It will be hosted by a good friend of mine Stuart Farr at Barn II on the 22nd July 2013.
    Starting at 8pm, I would like to invite everyone here to join if you got the time.
    $500 bar tab for winner and if you are on your own or need a team. Please feel free to PM me..
    Ahh, so are you the one that made the meetup group and made comments about Amateur Gourmet "profiteering"?
    I would love to come (and will definitely try to), but I must say, I do hate it when Pub Quizzes are only about pop culture. I think in Britain it really reflects poorly on the countries priorities when they can only ask trashy questions about celebrities. :/
    So I hope this one will be good and genuine!

I'm not aware of any pub quiz here that is "only about pop culture". Some of them have weeks where there is basically no pop culture at all.

Could we organise a geoexpat quiz night?

Amateur Gourmet "profiteering"?
    I am lost ? wtf ?

I am not sure the max team size, haven't asked nor do I know whether there will be any pops or celebrities stuff.
    PM me if you are on your own and need to join a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I'm not aware of any pub quiz here that is "only about pop culture". Some of them have weeks where there is basically no pop culture at all.
    Then I'll definitely have to try one here! I'll try to make it to the one in CWB.... would need to join a team.

He's not the horrific monotone guy that used to do the quiz at dickens is he?

There are many to choose from, including the following (although this is only a very partial list):

Sunday: White Stag (Wanchai)
    Monday: White Stag (Wanchai) (again), Barn II (Causeway Bay)
    Tuesday: Trafalgar (Wanchai), Limestone Arms (Kennedy Town), The Wheel (SoHo)
    Wednesday: Delaney's (Wanchai), McSorley's Soho (2nd & 4th Wednesdays of the month), Hebe101 (Hebe Haven)
    Thursday: Blue Goose (Wanchai)

I think you are missing the one at old china hand too if they still have it.
    And Stuart used to do a lot of quiz before when he was in UK.
    I am sure you will enjoy it..
    Let me try to find the number of the manager of Barn II if anyone need to book a table.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast