In Hong Kong on May 20th at 4PM? Witness my marriage!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I read that story.

But I guarantee, all of our families are in-the-know and approving.

Neither of us have much money, nor is she gold digging, and I'm younger than she is.

We asked and asked, but we can't find anyone else that is free to take a few days off work and come to Hong Kong with us.

Our only option left is to find someone in Hong Kong, and we'd really, really hate to hire someone by the hour if worst comes to worst......

By the way, I'll also make a note that the signing will be very casual. We don't expect you to dress nice - or comb your hair. There will be no pictures, no crying, etc.

This won't be our 'wedding' per say, but simply the registration and document signing. We will be having the wedding sometime this summer in Shanghai.

By the way, was there ever any follow up of that wedding?

68 year old and 22 year old, met five years earlier online.

Means the guy started internet dating her when she was only 17... and him 63. :|

why are you registering in hong kong?

since you can't find a witness and you're not even planning to have a real ceremony in hk, why are you registering in hk?

why go thru all this trouble in place you have no connection with?

I'm not 22, so I'm not able to get married in the mainland.

Can get married in Canada, but we are not going there for a while and we would like to have the wedding this summer, so our best option is Hong Kong.

Even in China we wouldn't have a ceremony like the one that typically happens in Hong Kong.

In China we would just sign the papers and then have a big dinner with all the family.

We're not going to make a big deal out of this document signing, since in our minds the wedding doesn't happen until the dinner this summer.

So, please, if someone could help us out, I promise we won't make it weird.

I read the story posted, but ours will not happen like that.

The main reasons are because we're both young, neither of us are rich, and we won't be dressed up in dresses and suits. I may be wearing a brand new Rolex I may or may not pick up in Shenzhen for a hundred rmb, but it won't be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by woaihuan:
    I may be wearing a brand new Rolex I may or may not pick up in Shenzhen for a hundred rmb, but it won't be weird.
    You won't get one for 100rmb I promise you! 240 is the lowest I've seen!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    You won't get one for 100rmb I promise you! 240 is the lowest I've seen!
    Maybe not in Shenzhen, but in Shanghai a quality automatic replica with date can be got for less than 150rmb.

I paid 120 for mine, but I likely could have got it for less.

may i ask how old are you and the wife? il probably go but what kind of documents do i have to bring?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast