In Hong Kong on May 20th at 4PM? Witness my marriage!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

FYI
    A word of advice. If you are thinking of your new wife being with you here on a dependent visa ( you don't mention anything about your HK status ) then get lots of pics of the wedding. Pics of you all at home and pics of you with family in laws.

My wife is Chinese with a PERM HKID and pictures where insisted upon at MY dependent visa application.

No, not a dependent visa.

We have a week long tourist visa for her and her cousin (the other witness) and like always I'll get one at the boarder.

She's 25 and I'm a few years younger than her.

Typically the male is older, so I wasn't the most popular pick, but her family got over that and refer to me as son. Living with them now.

As for the ID required for the witness...

From what I read before, can't find it now, you can bring your 'travel documents' if you're a foreigner or your HKID if you're a local.

We don't have plans to ever live in Hong Kong, her family has a house in the suburbs of Shanghai and we will live there until it is demolished.

if its just my passport il probably go. never been to a wedding before want to check it out

[QUOTE=Boris;212886]FYI
    A word of advice. If you are thinking of your new wife being with you here on a dependent visa ( you don't mention anything about your HK status ) then get lots of pics of the wedding. Pics of you all at home and pics of you with family in laws.
    [QUOTE]

Take Boris advice have some pictures taken ... as you are from Canada and you never know what will happen in the future - such as you have to make an unexpected trip to Canada to care for family or something else. If you want your wife to be able to accompany you then having your relationship documented with pictures, letters, printed e-mails, etc. can make life easy. You never know what government or other scrunity will happen where you have demonstrate history, bond and commitment to each other.

We'll keep this in mind and bring a camera for said legal reasons.

But I will keep my promise that I won't make it weird for our witness.

Have a message from Alicechan that I'll be replying to now...

Hey....

Well...
    I am just wondering.......
    Anyone will come to this wedding as witness? ...

Quote Originally Posted by cloudybay:
    22 marring another 22 or someone closer in age then it's two people growing and learning - or perhaps making mistakes - together. 68 marring a 22 is him taking advantage of her youth and ignorance.
    I find this idea that a 22 year old woman has their youth and ignorance taken advantage of quite amusing. Not actually met any 20 something women like that.

When my wife was visiting the UK one thing she noticed was that in a lot of UK couples the woman looked the same age or older than the man "its not right" she said. Different perspectives.

And sorry for continuing the hijacking of your thread - I wish you all the best.
    Last edited by hullexile; 08-05-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I find this idea that a 22 year old woman has their youth and ignorance taken advantage of quite amusing. Not actually met any 20 something women like that.
    Of course you have, dear Sir, it's your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudybay:
    Of course you have, dear Sir, it's your wife.
    Do you actually know hullexile or his wife?