In Hong Kong on May 20th at 4PM? Witness my marriage!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

In Hong Kong on May 20th at 4PM? Witness my marriage!

City Hall
    Marriage Registry (Address :1st Floor, High Block, City Hall,
    Central, Hong Kong) at 4:00 p.m. on 20 May 2008(Tuesday)

It should take less than a half hour.

I'm a Canadian guy and I will be getting married to a Shanghai girl in Hong Kong at the above date. We already have her cousin coming as a witness, but we haven't managed to find another witness.

I tried asking on the ShanghaiExpat forums to see if there was anyone who would be in Hong Kong, but unfortunately not.

So I need someone to come witness my marriage and I guarantee that we're both nice people, won't kidnap you, and if you have time we'll be very grateful.

All that is required is that you have your Hong Kong ID or your passport. Must be legally in Hong Kong.

If you want, we can pay you a small amount for your time.

Please contact me if you can be there with us.

Hubby and I were witnesses for a wedding for a couple in HK that we knew for a short time....let's just say that it was one of the biggest regrets and mistake of my life!

Why don't you find a good mate of yours rather than looking for strangers on a forum? Sorry for being a little negative.

And then there is this classic story ..

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post113925-13.html

Not all that bad...

happily ever after

KIA> You sure this is still a happy story? The bride was 22, which means she met the "English gent" on line when she was 17 and he 63. He married her behind the backs of her family and friends, knowing she was still a woman too young to know what's good for her. This may sound harsh but I think it's unconscionable on his part. And it's disconcerting that Mr. Scott had not only proceeded to serve as a witness but also gave his blessings for the union.

Last edited by cloudybay; 07-05-2008 at 05:23 PM.

So if 22 is too young to make your own decisions in life what age would you suggest?

cloudy bays right. the age difference was a big difference expecially when they met.

>> You sure this is still a happy story?

Well, I meant from the perspective of the witness, in response to Sunnie's post.

there's a difference

22 marring another 22 or someone closer in age then it's two people growing and learning - or perhaps making mistakes - together. 68 marring a 22 is him taking advantage of her youth and ignorance. This is different from, say, Murdoch marring the Chinese gold digger. She knew what she was doing and getting a damn good deal out of it - and oh, she was already in her 30s and a very experienced grown woman.

Last edited by cloudybay; 07-05-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudybay:
    22 marring another 22 or someone closer in age then it's two people growing and learning - or perhaps making mistakes - together. 68 marring a 22 is him taking advantage of her youth and ignorance. This is different from, say, Murdoch marring the Chinese gold digger. She knew what she was doing and getting a damn good deal out of it - and oh, she was already in her 30s and a very experienced grown woman.

your right 22 is too young for that kind of marriage. maybe in the 30s-40s then its fine but when hes in his 60s interacting with a women in her teens to early 20s is not cool

Quote Originally Posted by andycrazn:
    when hes in his 60s interacting with a women in her teens to early 20s is not cool
    Talk like that could put many Wanchai bars out of business!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast