Aussie in Kennedy Town

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Smile Aussie in Kennedy Town

Hi All,

I'm a 29yo female moved to HK from Brisbane (originally from Adelaide/Melbourne) for work and living in Kennedy Town. Curious to know whether there are any other Aussies in the neighbourhood and/or if there are any good places to meet other locals/expats in Kennedy Town.

Cheers,
    Myrona

Smile Hey there

I'm a physiotherapist working in Central.
    What brought u to HK?

Tony

Welcome to Hong Kong. I live the other end of the island, but have friends around Kennedy Town. Try "The Place" - a small bar with a lot of friendly people. There is a map at their website theplace.hk

Or else, head into LKF, Soho, etc.

I know it's not relevant to the thread but are you a U2 fan, Crocodile?

welcome to HK. i've juz back from brisbane. stayed there for 2 mth. it's quite a different life from HK. don't you think so?

Howdy

Thanks for the replies....

I'm working at HKU out near the Queen Mary. Finished my uni studies a year ago and thought I might explore the world while helping mankind (I wish ).

Yeah, I was going to check out "The Place" last night, but I got busy trying to find some adpaters for some Australian devices but with no luck... would anyone know where one can buy them by any chance?

Am interested in all things fun except I'm not a "doof doof" dance enthusiast (hehe). HK is not as a culture shock as I was expecting but I willing to explore the local side of things a bit more though

Quote Originally Posted by Myrona:
    Thanks for the replies....

Yeah, I was going to check out "The Place" last night, but I got busy trying to find some adpaters for some Australian devices but with no luck... would anyone know where one can buy them by any chance?
    Did you check the computer shops in Wan Chai, Causeway Bay, TST or Sham Shui Po?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueValentine:
    Did you check the computer shops in Wan Chai, Causeway Bay, TST or Sham Shui Po?
    Nope, not yet. But might check them out this weekend. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceray:
    I know it's not relevant to the thread but are you a U2 fan, Crocodile?
    Sure .... a fairly big fan....

Quote Originally Posted by Myrona:
    ... but I got busy trying to find some adpaters for some Australian devices but with no luck... would anyone know where one can buy them by any chance?
    Specifically what sort of adaptors are you after? Simple plug adaptors can be picked up for $5 at any cheap homewares store. For Computer/IT adaptors, go to Wan Chai Computer Centre (google it).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast