Junk trip - Again! (5 July)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Junk trip - Again! (5 July)

Hello fellow GeoExpat-ese,

Some of you might recall a junk trip organised by a couple of us last July (see thread here http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread20371.html), an event so successful (if I do say so myself…) that a majority of us have stayed in touch a year on and still hang out regularly, despite the usual expat-style comings and goings, AND despite the fact that we were from different backgrounds and countries etc. And that is why we think it's a grand idea to do it again!

Now the details:

When: 5 July 2008 (Saturday), 7.30 – 11pm (but it went on till m-u-c-h later for the hardcore ones last time…)

Where: Jaspers junk, departing from the Noon Day Gun in Causeway Bay, drop off at the same spot

How: The package that I've already booked is an all-in-one – free-flowing beer / wine / cocktails / softs all night long, plus snacks / starters and a full buffet spread (which was very good indeed from what I recall) with both veggie and non-veggie options. Waiters and music are included (but you're free to bring your own – music, not waiter, that is!). They even throw a choc cake in at the end of it. All that for $600, all inclusive.

Who: About 18 friends and friends of friends (ie tis an open event really!) have already signed up, all young or young-at-heart…

Why: Well, why wouldn't you want to gorge yourself and get pissed alongside a bunch of fun people whom you've never met before in your entire life, on a fine weekend evening and on board of a junk which is "quintessentially Hong Kong"?? (Oh we also ended up watching the TST harbourfront fireworks up close last time, which is what we might get again this time round)

I can post further details e.g. menu and map if anyone wants to know more. In the meantime, do let us know if you fancy joining us!!

Last edited by ScotchDrinker; 26-06-2008 at 05:10 PM. Reason: fireworks!

Hi Scotchdrinker....nice to meet you, and thanks for arranging this. Sounds good to me, I am definitely up for this! I look forward to meeting up with you and your friends on July 5th

Hi Scotchdrinker - this sounds like a great idea, as a newcomer here and not knowing anyone, I would certainly like to get the chance to meet the 'mad bunch' on here , if there are any places still available.

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve, the more the merrier so just come along! I'll pm you now re arrangements.

I'd definately be interested. Even though I live on a "junk"! (this one does not move nor sees fireworks, other than when hubby and I argue!)

Lol Movingin07 (or should it be Movedin08 now...?) me and my hubby don't even need a junk for that...! I'll pm you a bit of info now re the trip.

Don't remind me what a dumb name I chose before I realised what it would be used for......

Hi there - do you have room for 2 more? Arrived with my husband from UK a few weeks ago, keen to meet people and this sounds fun.

Hey Cath, sure come along with your husband - me and mine are from the UK as well. Will pm you some info now.

Hey this is looking good - six positives in one afternoon already!

Had a great time on the last junk trip, will definitely do it again, sign me up!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast