Like Tree11Likes

Christian friends?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Christian friends?

Hi All,

Would like meet Christian friends from different cultures and backgrounds for hanging out, hiking, seeing movies or just having a chat over a nice coffee.

Speaking of me, I am somewhere inside hides a poet, writer, painter and/or whatever, laying dormant and suppressed by social, cultural and vertical thinking.

I know the dark night of the soul and the bright light of enlightenment. I make the most of each day knowing the frailties of mortality. I am serious, silly, generous, acquisitive, kind, harsh, corporeal, and ethereal. I am a woman with all of the complications and contradictions that make us human. I am no where perfect, but I am definitely ineffable and interesting.

:-)

Good luck and ignore the insults you will get on here, knee jerk reaction for some when religion is mentioned.

z754103, elle and iliketurtles like this.

Thank you! Bullies define who they are by bullying. I don't harbor any harm to anyone here but merely a friendly shout like those "hey, anyone wants to hang out?"

No hater is wanted. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Good luck and ignore the insults you will get on here, knee jerk reaction for some when religion is mentioned.

St Andrews Anglican church tsim sa tsui have some active groups courses you might be interested in where you will certainly meet people . You could check the website first see if anything suits you .

cool! will definitely check it out.

"Christian friends from different cultures and backgrounds"

bit of an oxymoron if you ask me

kimwy66 likes this.

I'm curious. Is it okay to ask for Christian friends specifically?

I'm wondering, because if I said, "Looking for friends, Christians need not apply...", I'd be accused of discriminating. The funny thing is, I'd be discriminating against less people right?

Just asking.

Thanks.

kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    The only person being insulting here is you

OP you may find it more enlightening to try some of the groups on meetup.com. They don't care what religion you are, and you will find friends of all cultures. People who might have differing ideas or experiences can be just as friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    The only person being insulting here is you
    Insulting to whom?

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    OP you may find it more enlightening to try some of the groups on meetup.com. They don't care what religion you are, and you will find friends of all cultures. People who might have differing ideas or experiences can be just as friendly.
    Well done, but how about trying this:

(a) answer the question the OP set; or
    (b) don't stick your beak in by preaching about something he hasn't asked about because it isn't welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS
    I'm curious. Is it okay to ask for Christian friends specifically?

I'm wondering, because if I said, "Looking for friends, Christians need not apply...", I'd be accused of discriminating. The funny thing is, I'd be discriminating against less people right?

Just asking.

Thanks.
    I'd guess it is along the same lines of me wanting to meet Brits because I share common values (to a point...) and experiences.

I'm an atheist, so I don't like religious people discriminating against me (I think I could be a good friend to the OP!), but I can see that if the OP particularly likes to recite parts of the bible over dinner parties, or instead of playing Charades, playing WWJD then OP would prefer to have like-minded friends.
    LiaMona likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast