View Poll Results: Single Expats: Have you had an easier or harder time dating in HK?

Voters
391. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easier dating HK locals

81 20.72%
  • Easier dating expats in HK

61 15.60%
  • No difference

81 20.72%
  • Harder dating expats in HK

92 23.53%
  • Harder dating HK locals

76 19.44%
Like Tree24Likes

Single Expats: Have you had an easier or harder time dating in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by landreclaim:
    Could you explain that? A girl friend once told me there are too many opportunities , too many dates to choose from, so it's hard to decide to settle with any particular man.

You also mentioned it's difficult to meet local women in their 20s and 30s as a man in his 40s, I take it you are not interested in women closer to your age? I think it's always harder trying to date women 20 years your junior anywhere unless you are fabulously rich like Donald Trump?
    You possibly missed the gist of my post. Your friend is absolutely correct - there are too many dates to chose from. Just to clarify one point - I never mentioned anything about meeting local women.

As a middle-aged male in HK it is unbelieveably easy to meet and date non-local girls half your age and you don't have to be Donald Trump to do so. As a divorced male with hefty support obligations and limited resources I don't think any local lady would be interested in meeting me so I would not waste their time.

The problem is that you have very limited dating opportunities to develop a relationship (and/or sustain it) with non-local girls because of their circumstances. On the other hand, to confirm what your girl friend has already explained to you, it is hard to decide to settle with one girl when there is so much choice.

It is quite possible I will get some negative feedback for this post but so be it. You have asked me to explain my earlier comments and I have tried to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaHK2003:
    maybe we should see u.

I am new to HK, not know yet. will see.
    is that a date ;-)?

Quote Originally Posted by squid:
    m'goy...I am quite confident, just humble.

The next Happy Hour we'll all hook up for a libation.
    hahhaa.....Yes. Im looking forward to the next Happy Hour and see how humble you're....

How ironic that it happens to girls, too!

Nice
    I thought GEOEXPATTIES suppose to be a really nice friendly forum, but it appears there is a bit of 'flaming' if you know what I mean.

Anyway, after reading all the posts in this thread, I am somewhat confused about what this thread is really about.

I will give my opinion for what I believe this thread is asking

I believe it is alot easier to find dates using expat in HK, but to find one that is right for me is really hard. And don't get me wrong, I am absolutely NOT trying to find a date. Hell, I just want to meet more people.

But I know if you want to find a date, geo expatty is the way to go. Locals or not, so far I havn't talked to a single local person from geoexpatty except this one freaky dude who asked if I want him to take pictures of me? LOL.

I think people who goes on GXP are generally more open minded and out going thus it is easier to go out with them.

I am only saying this as a general thing, as nothing is absolute.

So this is sentence is actually all you really need to read: ExPatty > Elsewhere. NON Local > local.

what an interesting topic. and so many people show up.
    what about we try to make one gathering, and see how it goes....

sounds good? any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by cheeze:
    hahhaa.....Yes. Im looking forward to the next Happy Hour and see how humble you're....
    I will miss tonight's event unfortunately...

Last edited by Katiedot; 31-07-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: replied to the wrong post

It is not difficult to meet people or date in HK. It is often short-lived though imo. Perhaps pace of life is quite fast here, everything just come and go.

the singles (and married people who dates??) gathering

I'd say lets meet, I'd like to learn a few things or 2 from mr. confident Mat, and humble squid

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaHK2003:
    what an interesting topic. and so many people show up.
    what about we try to make one gathering, and see how it goes....

sounds good? any thoughts?
    Last edited by beararchives; 31-07-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast