Anyone living in One Silversea or The Long Beach?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Arrow Anyone living in One Silversea or The Long Beach?

Hello There!

We just moved to HK (French & American from London) and we are looking to meet some new friends...

We are at The Long Beach and would be very happy to meet up with 30's - 40's people living in Olympic, go out for drinks, dinner or just chill out...

We are very outgoing and can't wait to know some 'local' expats!

Let me know if you're up for Meet & Greet gathering around Olympic...

Looking forward to meeting you

Hello there! Your posting was very timely. My company sent me on an orientation tour today to check out HK and to find places to live. While I enjoyed HK Island, I did not find it a desirable place to live (at least for me). I like more open space and grounds. My agent/guide suggested Olympic since it was still convenient to get to Central on weekends to hang out or shop, etc. I will be working in Hung Hom so being on this side does not bother me. Anyway, long story short, I have decided to move into The Long Beach. The tub was deep, the facilities tremendous and I love the open area out back with BBQ, etc. I will not be moving in until September 1 as I am going back to LA for a while (I am only here for 2 weeks until 8/8). I look forward to meeting you. I am originally from Canada via the Caribbean, but move to LA where I married an American and have 2 children. They are not coming to HK right away. Et, je parle le francais. I look forward to meeting you. It should be fun. We can exchange contact information by private message, either now or when I return in September. A Bientot.

Hi vnowak, my wife and I live at the harbour green. originally from indonesia, we moved up here from singapore only 3 months ago. would love to meet up new friends. let me know if you're organizing some sort of gathering.

Bonjour grantlawesq!

That's great news...Same thing happened too us. HK island was just a bit crowded and noisy for us but still we hesitated and finally decided to settle for the Long Beach...

We are starting to see a lot of expats moving in so that should be great. As you said, it's a nice open area with the BBQ looking over the outlying islands.

I'll PM you to give you my details so that you can give me a call when you get back.

When are your family thinking of following? This is never an easy decision

Looking forward to meeting you and if you fancy a coffee before you go on the 8th, give me a call that would be a great way to start all this!

Et au faut, moi c'est Virginie! Ginie pour les Anglais (plus facile a prononcer)

Meeting Up

Hello Newbie,

I'm still looking to gather a crowd around here as we just got here 2 months ago but we will get there...

However if you guys fancy meeting us sooner for a drink or coffee or whatever, we would love to do that!

PM me if you and your wife are interested...any time suits us (as long as it's evening or weekends )

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Ginie

Quote Originally Posted by newbie-hk:
    Hi vnowak, my wife and I live at the harbour green. originally from indonesia, we moved up here from singapore only 3 months ago. would love to meet up new friends. let me know if you're organizing some sort of gathering.

Hi there,

Wow, it's good to see more and more people moving into this area! My husband and I (Chinese by way of NYC) live in One Silversea, have been here for just over one year. We are interested in a gathering of the Olympic Station crowd.

Perhaps a bbq at Long Beach?

Bxu

Meet the Residents BBQ

Bxu,

That is funny you mention that! I see a lot of expats moving into The Long Beach (and yes the facilities are great here).

So what I was going to do is organize a 'Meet the residents BBQ' around mid September (leaving people time to settle)...

As The Long Beach is very tough to get past the front door if you are not a resident, I can always get you guys in as guests.

PM me if you are interested.
    How is Silversea...We could always meet up for a drink before the BBQ

Ginie

Quote Originally Posted by bxu:
    Hi there,

Wow, it's good to see more and more people moving into this area! My husband and I (Chinese by way of NYC) live in One Silversea, have been here for just over one year. We are interested in a gathering of the Olympic Station crowd.

Perhaps a bbq at Long Beach?

Bxu

Hi all!

My husband, I and dog are moving to Long Beach soon too so would love to be part of your BBQ/coffee/"expat Olympic movement" in mid-Sept!

Can you please keep us in the loop with any arrangements?

We just arrived, so looking forward to meeting you all soon!

Cheers,

Jenny

Hello everyone. We picked up keys for our apartment at the Long Beach today! (wife and I both from UK - late 20s (very late in my case)).

We arrived in HK a month ago and while we know a couple of people on the Island we know nobody on the Kowloon side. Would very much like to meet up with people - I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.

Dan :-)

Settling in

Hi Dan,

Just give me a call when you guys are in! We could go for dinner (if you have nothing in place to cook!)

We are looking forward to meeting you and Kelly.

Ginie

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast