Newbie in HK looking to make some new friends

Closed Thread

Newbie in HK looking to make some new friends

Hey all,

Well i'm not even exactly in HK yet but already I think i'm worried about leaving all my social circles in London for another city and more brightlights but with less mates!!! The thought is daunting.... so I thought I'd be super pro-active and get some things planned for when I do arrive (mid Aug)

I'm a pretty social person, I love the theatre, any thing arty and of course reading - I know I'm thinking of a book and bottle club already (I just need some mates to get this going now!) I've been to HK a bit as my partner has been out there for a while and he's got all his established friends but I think for my own sanity i need to find some of my own - and hopefully there are a few of you who are going to be in the same situation as me, partnered to someone who works like a maniac and trying to fill your days?

Well thats it i could blabber on for ages but if anyone is finding themselves in the same position or keen to make some new friends get in touch.

Cheers
    Keri

we can be friends if u want

pm me ur email

Hey I’m staying in Hong Kong till early Oct. So we can hang out over this summer if you want. Just give me a PM anyway. Jesse

hi

having new friends always exciting. Once you get into circle of geoexpat definitly you will nice friends in HK. Welcome to HK. we can be friends.
    PM me your e-mail if you like

Memet

HK with friends is so much better.
    PM me if you like.

Meet up...

Hey guys thanks so much for the replies! I'm getting really excited about leaving the UK for HK now Once I've unpacked my bags we should all meet up for some drinks one day - I'll post all my details once I have them like mobile number ect and we can arrange to do something

Cheers,

Keri

Hi I’m looking to make like minded friends I’m from the uk Over in HK every 6 weeks would be nice to meet for coffee lunch sight seeing love animal cooking etc would like to volunteer I live iin happy valley .
    Thanks
    Lydia

hey Lydia, glad to knw u luv animal cooking, lol.....gimme a shout if there is anything organise, im sure i'll be the 1st one to raise my leg up to join, cheers....