Aussie Expats in Hong Kong - want to start a club

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Haha, nice pun (?) there.

I would love to experience an Aussie style BBQ. I've been to "Chinese style" ones and didn't enjoy them quite as much..

Aussie food, wine, movies would be nice.

Would love to hear of any social outings involving aussie wine..

Quote Originally Posted by justme008:
    hey mate

not sure about a club as such but would def be into regular meetups to meet more aussies

26 y.o abc from brissie here just moved to hk about 3 months ago
    Oooo... I'm from Brissy and moved here 3 months ago as well (though I'm not chinese). Would love to do some Aussie things... BTW, I've been trying to find Coopers beer ever since I got here and I can't find it anywhere... any suggestions?

I think that the Globe on Hollywood Road there has some Coopers, if my memory serves me correctly

Perhaps something informal like occasional get-togethers,hang out at pubs/clubs and sport games etc.

There is an Australian Association in HK though.

BTW - is there anyone here following AFL? The final is coming up and it will be nice to get together to watch the Grand Final at a pub or something. If you have your favourite footy team uniform bring it along. I don't know where you can catch AFL except Pay-TV. If you know please let me know. Quite keen to meet fellow Aussies in HK so an event likes AFL Grand Final would be good event to mingle.

Cheers,
    Jonno

Quote Originally Posted by jonnoleung:
    BTW - is there anyone here following AFL? The final is coming up and it will be nice to get together to watch the Grand Final at a pub or something. If you have your favourite footy team uniform bring it along. I don't know where you can catch AFL except Pay-TV. If you know please let me know. Quite keen to meet fellow Aussies in HK so an event likes AFL Grand Final would be good event to mingle.
    i am not an Aussie and unfortunately dont follow AFL (apart from the fact that i dont know AFL rules )
    but The Wheel (26, hollywood road - just below the escalator) shows AFL matches regularly. And i quite like the place

Thanks Rsinner,

Now I know where to watch on grand final day! I am not built for playing footy but I love watching the game, especially its physical intensity and speed. I have actually been barracking for a team for a long time. This team happened to be the Premier in 2007, so I hope my team will be in this year's grand final again.

It is also fun watching the game at a pub.

Cheers, Jonno

This ones for Myrona...I know that the Peak Cafe/Bar in Soho has Coopers at the moment...I think it is their beer of the month this month.

You can start an Aussie group here - Social Groups - Hong Kong Groups

Quote Originally Posted by SJ2006:
    This ones for Myrona...I know that the Peak Cafe/Bar in Soho has Coopers at the moment...I think it is their beer of the month this month.
    Awesome - this is so uncanny... I'm going to Shelley Street for dinner tonight... I think I've found a place to eat!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast