Looking for fun, drunken conversation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for fun, drunken conversation

Hi all,
    I've been in Hong Kong for 2 months and have not gotten a chance to meet people my age. I prefer hanging out at bars that allow good conversation rather than overcrowded, awkward yelling.
    I also enjoy pub quizzes and am interested in joining or creating a group of people to compete with.
    I'm late 20's, female from Manhattan via Philadelphia.

In UK, Bradford In Hong Kong Tai Po Market

Hey!!

If you fancy it a couple of us are going to Bulldogs in Lan Kwai Fong after work tonight, bout 6:30 (happy hour time!! ) to have a couple of drinks then maybe grab a bite to eat!!

Maybe see u there if u fancy it, if u wanna contact me, my mob is: 65932211.

Andrew

PS: was traveling in the states a while ago and loved philli, went to have the old cheese steaks at Pats!!!! haha!!!!

thank you so much for the invite. i suppose my post was a little premature because i'm feeling a bit under the weather tonight so i won't be able to make it out for happy hour. but i would love to meet up in the next couple days.

have fun tonight.

ps. philly is awesome. and Pat's kicks ass, though i stopped eating meat a long time ago i still crave their cheese fries.

Sometimes we all like to be drunk.

I love your candor. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderoni:
    Hi all,
    I've been in Hong Kong for 2 months and have not gotten a chance to meet people my age. I prefer hanging out at bars that allow good conversation rather than overcrowded, awkward yelling.
    I also enjoy pub quizzes and am interested in joining or creating a group of people to compete with.
    I'm late 20's, female from Manhattan via Philadelphia.
    One thing you might consider is to look beyond LKF - that place is just so busy and popular with expats I doubt it's ever quiet enough for sane conversations

There are other bars and pubs in HK if you're willing to venture outside of LKF though some expats never do - from Wanchai to CWB all the way to Quarry Bay there are nice watering holes that are less crowded.

PM or post when you're ready to come out - I love to relax with a drink and have semi-intelligent conversations too (they tend to become even less intelligent as the drinks flow )

T

drinking happens to be a favorite pasttime of mine!

In UK, Bradford In Hong Kong Tai Po Market

Yeah, no probs Tenderoni, hope u feel better!!!

Stayed with a mate in Philli and she took me to Pats..... she says she hates the other one across the road... Geno's I think?? Can't remember the name................. also managed to do the most touristy thing in Philli- ran up the "Rocky steps" haha!!!!

Andrew

toboy:
    thanks for the response. i know i've heard LKF is quite overcrowded which is why I haven't even ventured over there at night time.
    i happen to not really care where the bar is as long as it's kinda cheap, relaxed, interesting and basically easy to get home from.

hopefully i'll be feeling more up to it tomorrow.

andrew:

you have to run up the rocky steps if you're visiting! i think it's a law .

and you were right, it is geno's, and they are no where near as good.

If 'cheap' is important to you, LKF is probably not the place, although prices are a little more reasonable during Happy Hour. What do you like drinking?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast