Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ryhamz

23M software engineer - been here 3 months - starting a new social cirlce

Closed Thread

Exclamation 23M software engineer - been here 3 months - starting a new social cirlce

I think I want to keep this focused around other people in their 20s.

A little bit about me :

• Born in the midwestern US. Grew up in the suburbs.
    • Just finished college at UChicago and moved here 3 months ago to work at a startup. Fairly non-traditional expat (young, non-ESL teacher and non-finance)
    • Played drums since 5th grade, and even made money playing on the streets for a while.
    • Into volleyball, rock climbing, motorcyles, games of all sorts (tabletop, electronic and so on).
    • Complete non-smoker; drink a couple times a year, but mostly not into that either
    • Bulletproof confidence and don't mind talking to people on the MTR or at the grocery store, and so on. We'll expand this social circle.
    • Really into Kaohsiung, Taiwan.

I'm going to start up a whatsapp group. I work in Quarry Bay and live near Tseung Kwan O.

Note: this whatsapp group is going to be moderated loosely. Any problems will be handled with adult to adult communication, rather than petty bans. There is another group on here that is quite large and honestly has some cool people, but the moderation is out of control. I've seen people removed without warning (myself included, admittedly), even though there are no rules. You can honestly invest a lot of time getting to know people and then be completely ostracized in the blink of an eye. We will not have that in this group, simply put.

I am looking to hold activities such as hikes, walking around Mong Kok or some parks, basketball/volleyball, lunches near quarry bay, sharing local dinner secrets, and maybe some tabletop RPG sessions if there is demand.

What I am trying to avoid is an LKF and drinks specific group. There are plenty of other options for that.
    cindymanx likes this.

Hi there,

My name's Anson 24yrs/M. I live in Fanling but work in San Po Kong aka Diamond Hill - but I'd love walking around (particularly on the island) for good coffee during the weekends.

See if you are interested in some chats and/or meetup. Love reading and as mentioned walking around. Coffee as well. Like especially your view on how a group chat should be. Also prefer meals and coffee to drinks at LKF.

Feel free to pm

Cheers, Anson