Like Tree1Likes

Hello from Scotland!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Hello from Scotland!

Hi everyone,

Just recently discovered this forum (which seems to be the most active expat forum for Hong Kong!) and thought I would introduce myself and possibly take part in some discussions.

I'm in my early 30's, born and raised in Scotland but both my parents are from Hong Kong.

I don't currently live in Hong Kong but visit most years as we have friends and family there. My wife and I are both HKID holders and possibly looking into Hong Kong as a destination to move to in future - possibly as early as next year!

I'm usually around the Causeway Bay area in Hong Kong, but can also be found in Clear Water Bay/Tai Po areas where I have family. I like travelling, food, reading, fitness, hiking and watching HK dramas!

Matt

Hi Matt,

My name Anson 24yrs/M a Hker. Nice to know you and, as you seem quite new here, welcome to Geoexpat haha!!

Anyway, if you are interested in joining some group chats, there are quite a few here so just browse around and surely you can find one that interests you and your wife

So what brings you and your wife back to HK when, to be honest, most of us here want to move to out?

And I live in Fanling, work in Kowloon but like walking around on the island side - chiefly for a good cup of coffee - at the weekends. I love reading, watching TV dramas (esp TVB ones), eating around and so forth. Would be lovely to grab a coffee if possible.

Cheers,
    Anson

Hi Anson,

Thanks for your response.

I think more than anything, it’s just so we can see what life is like back in Hong Kong when you’re living and working there plus it’s an opportunity before we decide to have any kids! I’m not entirely sure why but I have an attachment with Hong Kong despite not being born there as I’m back fairly often for someone living overseas.

We love watching TVB dramas too, we don’t really watching anything else! We even rather put the TVB News channel on here if there is nothing else on. We have an uncle who lives up in Fanling – we did stay up there with him during one of our trips but it was just too far to travel onto the island each day!

Hey Matt,

Are you from Edinburgh? I am too, I'm a bit older than you but we possibly know each other. Does your family have a restaurant in Edinburgh?

Hello Matt

I am a local but lived in Scotland for many years. I just moved back to HK for a year.
    Though now I am working in HK, I went back to Scotland when I have time.

Char Siu King likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Hey Matt,

Are you from Edinburgh? I am too, I'm a bit older than you but we possibly know each other. Does your family have a restaurant in Edinburgh?
    Hi Si, thanks for checking in. Yes I am from Edinburgh but no my family aren't in the restaurant business! How long have you been living in HK? What do you do now and how do you find it? Do you want to move back?!

Quote Originally Posted by AngieYuen:
    Hello Matt

I am a local but lived in Scotland for many years. I just moved back to HK for a year.
    Though now I am working in HK, I went back to Scotland when I have time.
    Hi Angie, thanks for your reply. What are you doing in HK for a year? Are you enjoying it over there? It's such a vibrant place!

Hello Matt. Welcome, I'm a Glaswegian who moved out here a couple of months ago. Enjoying it so far...it's very different. I lived in London for about 10 years before moving out here.

Hello Matts,

I am back to HK for a job. Yes it is vibrant place but I do miss Scotland as well.
    I was living in Edinburgh.
    So, are you planning to relocate to HK?

Quote Originally Posted by Jam79:
    Hello Matt. Welcome, I'm a Glaswegian who moved out here a couple of months ago. Enjoying it so far...it's very different. I lived in London for about 10 years before moving out here.
    Hi Jam79, nice to meet you. Glad you are enjoying HK! If you don't mind me asking, what line of work are you in? Did you plan the move or was it a transfer from your company?

Quote Originally Posted by AngieYuen:
    Hello Matts,

I am back to HK for a job. Yes it is vibrant place but I do miss Scotland as well.
    I was living in Edinburgh.
    So, are you planning to relocate to HK?
    Hi Angie, Edinburgh is a great place to live!

Yes, possibly looking at relocating to HK. At earliest, it will be the second half of next year. We absolutely love it each time we're back, although I understand when we are visitors we are in “holiday mode” and when you have to live and work there it's a different ball game but my thinking is, it's our opportunity to make a move now prior to any kids and experience living and working in HK. Unfortunately though, neither of us work at companies which we would be able to transfer from so it will be job searches when and if it happens!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast