Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jonastainine

Arrived in Hong Kong on July 6th - Don't know anyone but looking to turn that around

Arrived in Hong Kong on July 6th - Don't know anyone but looking to turn that around

Good morning all,

As a new expat in Hong Kong (I'm from London) with no connections to the region and a plethora of excitement about living here, I was hoping to connect with the wonderful members of this forum and become part of the community.

I'm interested in virtually everything by nature from culture to food, literature to numbers, gaming to tech, with a particularly strong love for movies so I am filled with questions about life in HK (as well as what the best cinema here is) and would love the opportunity to engage with you all.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, doubly thanks if you choose to answer, and I hope we may have the chance to connect.

- Bizhan

First step completed - join Geoexpat.

Second step - join Meetup.com.

Third step - go to Meetups. There is something for everyone. Lots of expats. meet people, have fun, get to see HK. Good luck.

On a rainy day I recommend the HK Museum of History. It’s good for 2 hours. Lots to see.

Coolboy and Αrtemis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine
    On a rainy day I recommend the HK Museum of History. It’s good for 2 hours. Lots to see.
    Don't forget Science Museum and Heritage Museum

Hey For a cinephile, I’d say, a selection of films to watch in HK is relatively limited. You can check some stuff here Schedule – HKIFF Cine Fan 電影節發燒友. Sometimes they do pretty cool screening sessions at the HK Arts Center (https://hkac.org.hk/artsatthecentre_screening/), I’d also recommend the ones curated by the West Kowloon Cultural District. The latter are kind of rare, but totally worth the wait. You could as well find good stuff at the Broadway Cinemateque and Movie Movie Cityplaza.