Looking for people to hang out with.

Closed Thread

Looking for people to hang out with.

At the moment I'm feeling extremely out of place. First things first is that, my nationality of Hong Kong and I can speak cantonese well (but not too well), however because I was raised in New Zealand, I am most comfortable speaking in english. I just got off the plane less then a week ago and I know next to no one. My family here are either busy or attending school, and I feel that with my slightly less fluent cantonese, hanging out with them makes me look out of place to the highest degree (a bit like excess baggage more precisely).

In summary, I'm a 19 year old Hong Kong national raised overseas, looking for someone to hang out with as I just got off the plane knowing no one. I speak fluent english so language is not a problem, though I suspect that I may be to young to hang around some of you.

Oh yes, this is my first post so I would like to say a quick 'nice to meet you!'

Edit: I wonder, am I an 'expat' if I'm nationally from the local country, but doesn't actually live there, but has returned for a while? lol

Last edited by RockyHorrorDude; 03-12-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding something in

come to the happy hour on friday, you 'll certainly meet all sorts there. Where are you staying in HK?

Happy hour sounds marvelous. I got a residence at Choi Hung (sp?) at the moment with my family in HK.

hey mate im in the same position as you, except im from australia. im living with relatives in shau kei wan so its a bit difficult to meet new people. i dont know anyone here and i do find the idea of going to a bar or club by myself a bit awkward. does anyone actually do that? i really want to know.

im backpacking around asia so i will probably be gone by new years but it would be great to catch up with others. this goes out to everyone. i havent spoken english for a week and im dying to speak it again.

Dave

We should meet up during that happy hour event on Friday, whough I have no clue when or where its gonna be held.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHorrorDude:
    We should meet up during that happy hour event on Friday, whough I have no clue when or where its gonna be held.
    Friday 12th December (A week today) Bulldogs in Lan Kwai Fong, 6pm until late.

Post here: Dec 12 / Friday Happy Hour - Page 2 - Hong Kong GeoExpat
    to register your interest.