Countdown to the new year

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Our group is getting bigger! I'm definitely up for the idea of renting a boat, sounds like we're going to have a blast

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie08:
    Our group is getting bigger! I'm definitely up for the idea of renting a boat, sounds like we're going to have a blast
    hi sophie, i think so too, but we still don't know who's in or who's not or who's got other ideas..etc..
    besides, does anybody know if it's still too late or too difficult to book a space at any of the bars in LKF or anywhere else before the "countdown" so we can have our own little area for drinks before we welcome 2009 ?

It's the streets in LKF are that gonna be more busy than the bars itself. I'm sure you'll still be able to reserve a table in most bars.

Last edited by Brown_By_Nature; 29-12-2008 at 04:00 PM.

I've never been to the LKF yet but there is no better time than the new year's eve so count me in So now the plan is first LKF then go watch the fireworks..? If everyone is happy with the plan and is definitely coming please confirm then maybe we could do a head count and start with bookings etc..

i don't have any plans for new years eve either. is anything being organised here? if so, i'm interested in coming along.

I would like to join you guys after my count down at IFC....count me in

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie08:
    I've never been to the LKF yet but there is no better time than the new year's eve so count me in So now the plan is first LKF then go watch the fireworks..?
    Remember that LKF on NYE is many peoples' idea of hell on earth. The police will have it cordoned off and you will only be able to enter at the bottom and walk (or be swept by the crowd) uphill. Trying to find people there could be a nightmare - I would strongly recommend meeting up outside the cordon and then going in together, and even then you'll probably lose some people. If you accidentally go (or get swept) past the bar you want to go to then you will have to walk out of the top, all the way down Wyndham St to Queen's Road and back in from the bottom to try again.

i been to some where around Wanchai Exhibition Centre to watch the firework last year, the angle might not be perfect but the spot is OK as it's definitely not as crowded as at Cultural Centre at TST side

wish to be part of the group

Over the years I have been in Hong Kong, "fireworks" have always happened on the lunar new year and not on the year end. The large crowds and renting a boat are discussions more suited to the lunar new year situation (unless there is something special this year during the countdown that I am not aware of)

They are doing a sort of mini-fireworks/large sparklers on some of the buildings on HK Island. Nothing close to the same scale as the very major pyrotechnics on barges parked in the harbour with a blast zone of several hundred metres around them that happens at CNY and National Day.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast