Countdown to the new year

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Seems like this is gonna be fun! .. Count me in too, please!

Hi everyone, look forward to seeing u guys on 31st!! Seems like we all agree to go for some drinks before the fireworks so shall we say meeting at a MTR somewhere closest to LKF?..this way we could all head for the bar together as a group..any other suggestions?

There will be a huge crowd in LKF and it's going to be a nightmare to get there. I'd suggest Wanchai pub and watch the firework at the harbour.

Has anyone tried one of the countdown cruises, such as the ones listed on this website?

2008 Hong Kong WinterFest - Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by filin:
    Has anyone tried one of the countdown cruises, such as the ones listed on this website?

2008 Hong Kong WinterFest - Highlights
    My friends tried this last month (not for the NYE show, of course, just the daily light show)....said it was a complete waste of money. The boat is crap and you just get one drink and a pack of imitation peanuts...definitely a waste of ~400HKD. And most importantly, the view isn't any better on a boat than from a harbor, its mainly to avoid the crowds I guess.

I like CV666's idea of drinks at WanChai, then off to the Harbor for the show.

Hi !

Count me in , please. See you

Renting a Boat Sounds Interesting

I am interested in coming along.

I agree that simply joining the CROWD at the harbour will be a pain...if we really want to watch the fireworks, we may try getting a boat. However, anyone knows where and how to book?

Enjoy both the view & drink in IFC

Alternative thought: why don't you guys have a drink in Isola or other bars in IFC, then you can enjoy the best view in the hippest place at once. Isn't it good?

Quote Originally Posted by LiaMona:
    Alternative thought: why don't you guys have a drink in Isola or other bars in IFC, then you can enjoy the best view in the hippest place at once. Isn't it good?
    I like this idea..btw where is this IFC? so many places I haven't been yet

Er, because Isola doesn't have views of most of the buildings where the fireworks will be?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast