below is the essay i wrote which about the last trip on 28/12~
of whom is interested to join the cycling trip must find out mistakes in the essay for improving my writing~ HEHE~ enjoy it @@" just joking~
i paid 25 hours across 27/12 to 28/12 to have a hike achieving the Lantau Peak of its height of about 1000m from tung chun MTR, that purchased a treasured experience. i joined one group hiking from tung chun to the buddha where located at the middle of the mountain. and i led another group from the buddha to the peak.
i left home at 20:00 on 27/12 and met the first group in tung chun MTR at 23:00. we divided into four small groups and then started to go. just at the beginning, it rained slightly. it can only cool down our bodies, but the heart. we continued to climb up the mountain. the hiking route is exactly the route of the cable car, so we walked along the path which almost consisted of stairs beneath many cable cars. i brought along with a big backpack containing cloths, water, food and cooker. this burden was making me to have much affort while climbing up with the uncountable stairs. despite the big backpack, full of drowsiness and the slippy ground, i finished at about 04:00. we (a few had quitted) enjoyed our own deleious cup-noddle and some chocolate drinks at wisdom path where nearby the buddha, and had a rest. after i was full, i made my bed and said goodbye to others who had to hike to the peak to see sunrise. i couldnt asleep as cold and windy there. i rested until the sky brightened. but the sky was very cloudy so the sunrise could not be seen. i heated and drank a can soup for backetfast, then went back to the buddha awaiting the second group coming. i watched the clock finding that there were three hours left to meet them. nothing i could do, just sitting and day dreaming...... when the buddha became crowded and my friends arrived too. excluding me, there are 28 people joined this trip. of course, we took group photos firstly with the background of the buddha and the lantau peak. we bought some vegetarian food for lunch in PO LIN monastery, then set off. we visited wisdom path at first, someone said we like a photographing group than a hiking group. maybe, participants take too much time for photographing. then we started the real hike, it is uncountable stairs again. about 45 minutes later, we reached a place where there has a bench and nice veiw in order to have a break, but two of us were feeling sick. so other two stayed there to look after them. other three ladies were afraid be the next one, and had no interest to keeping going so they went back to the buddha. and the rest, 22 people hiked continuiously to reach the peak and promised to meet the sicks and three ladies back afterwards. the veiw of the peak is pretty good, we can see the horizon there. a 1000m height, just defeats the kids. haha~~ due to the wet ground, going down stair is difficult and dangerious for beginners. but we all safey went back to the buddha. finally, we exchanged our gifts to meet with the christmas. for the exchange, i got a tuque. yeah~ the sky darkened telling us that is the time to go home. only me took #2 bus to mui wo. though the bus was driven very fast to mui wo, i still missed the ferry that was only two minutes late. i had to wait for the next one at two hours later. i was so exhausted. wu~~ wu~~
something must be mentioned~
1. when we reached 1/3 height from the buddha to the peak and took a break there. jacky suddenly fainted when took a rest sitting on a bench. we all didnt know what should do, Doctor Grace came out. she hold jacky's head keeping vertically at first with one hand and putting another hand to give him fresh air. i was just standing beside her and doing nothing - -". jacky got back his sentience gradually. in the mean time, grace's friend was feeling very sick too. her lips turned into pale and felt languid. dr. grace appeared again and put her friend sitting on the bench, then did some aid until her felt fine. i find that grace is very useful contracts with my uselessness in these case and a black pig has been created in my record.
2. whiteflower oil is very helpful too. but i will never try to put it in my equipment when go hiking. i cant imagine that the sence when i put it out from my pocket. ha. another reason is that i discovered a method in stead of using whiteflower oil that is putting a shoe in front of the sicks' nose also can get the same effect.
3. christy, one of the participants, is an expert in phy. & bio. she innovated a new down stair style to prevent slip, published and demonstrated in person during the trip. i helped her carring her handbag so that fortunately to be a person who was invited to see. i was astonished by this discovery and the taking time of the demonstration, it is extremely successful. but she explained that this is only for her and cant apply for others.
4. this travelling day, 28/12, is not my birthday. but i received a present from alan. i tried to guess what type of gift he had given, and as the result the answer is the same. oh SHIT~ yes, this is a doll of shit shape. i was really touched beyond words and thanks him giving me lots of surspising that i have never thought. thank you again. and i know that i was known as a shit as well.
5. participants have many doubts about the rating of this hike since they found that the difficulty was out of their expectation. i am sorry to say that it is depends on personal strength and the weather, it should have a bitbit difference between our rulers. i hope this explaination can be accepted. or else, just simply doubles all the rating i rated. and notice that ...... i never tell lies. ^^
however, thanks all joining my activities of 2008. " i can do, so can you" see you in 2009~