2009 CNY Fireworks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009 CNY Fireworks

FYI,

We have some tickets on sale for the Wing Sing Cruise on ShopInHK.Com, incase you're thinking of watching the fireworks from a boat in the harbour.

http://www.shopinhk.com/cny-firework...r-1234797.html

If you are a couple or have a small group of friends, join one of Saffron's event boats on Tuesday 27th of January for one of the worlds most spectacular Fireworks display.

They have chosen their most spectacular boat. The Wing Sing one of the last 3 mast sailing junks in Hong Kong. Seating is limited on the Wing Sing, so book early to avoid disappointment - Additional boats will be added if the Wing Sing is full.

With the best views in the harbour, you will feel the shockwaves of each firework and see the night time sky come alight with a dazzling pyrotechnic display.

Seats are limited so book now and don't miss out on the spectacular setting they will be offering to enjoy the world famous Chinese New Years fireworks!

The year of the Ox will be celebrated with style on board Saffron which will be fully decorated in line with the celebration!

A welcome drink awaits you and simple snacks and Dimsum will be provided.

Feel free to bring your own drinks to celebrate in style. Soft drinks and water will be provided.

Schedule
    Date: Tuesday 27 January 2009
    Pickup: Causeway Bay at the Noon-day gun
    Boarding time: 4:30pm - SHARP
    Alighting: 10:00pm

Hi all,

Hubby and I have booked for the above trip, on boat 12589.
    We'd love to meet with any other expats attending!

asiasmile

Anyone else going to join the fireworks but not on a boat?

Waaaa!!! That's much more expensive than Jetfoil ticket come and go. I might want to come to Hong Kong to see the fireworks but maybe not on a boat.

I've just arrived in Hong Kong and intend to watch the fireworks, but haven't met anyone yet...the joys of staying in a large hotel while I find somewhere to live! If anyone is going and would like some company that would be great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asiasmile:
    Anyone else going to join the fireworks but not on a boat?
    I am going to TST. Need to arrive early to find a place behind Cultural Centre or the promenade
    Last edited by Drunken Master; 24-01-2009 at 04:25 PM.

I'm also going to TST, with some ossi friends and their expecting me to lead. Thanks Drunken Master now i have a better idea of a good spot.

asiasmile

I thought to see the fireworks somewhere between central and wan chai and than having some drinks afterwards there.
    Any recommendations for a good position?

there's a few threads that i've seen saying behind cultural center in tst is a good spot.

Too bad that the Excelsior's roof is not in use anymore... All fun things in HK are banned. Boooo

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast