Any Age - Non Drinkers - Hanging Out / Exploring HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Any Age - Non Drinkers - Hanging Out / Exploring HK

Hi all sorry to re-post but I was advised my previous post was probably in the wrong place (may or may not be symbolic of me in Hong Kong)

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread37407.html

Hello all,
    There seems to be some interest in a non drinking group.
    I have no problem with alcohol and in moderation like many other things it seems to be fine. However more specifically I wish to avoid going to places associated with high alcohol consumption often as they have ancillary factors such as very loud music and a general drinking atmosphere where it is difficult to just chat and make friends (just my personal opinion everyone is entitled to their own).

I often feel slightly left out at team drinking evenings and perhaps am seen as (incorrectly) standoffish which I suspect may be the case for others out there. As a result I would like to propose similar people meet together perhaps for a meal / a movie & fruit juice / exploring HK.

Any event or type of activity will be considered but it would be good to combine any such activity with an opportunity to meet people and strike up a conversation (English preferred, my French, Italian, Hindi, Urdu and Arabic are tragic and Cantonese and Bahasa dark arts at the moment to me).

As a proposed first outing how about going for Malaysian food on Sunday 11th Jan (either Lunch@13:00 or Dinner@19:00)?

Any recommendations would be useful as I haven't been in HK very long but am a keen explorer. If you fancy coming along please feel free to post here or pm me. I have met 3 other geo expat members out there all wonderful people and very interesting but sense there may be hesitance to get out there and leave the safe confines of cyberspace, please be assured I don't bite - honest!

Hello all - Ten Thousand Buddha Temple in Shatin has been suggested - any takers for this Sunday Afternoon - say 13:00?

I'll be going either way so if you fancy the company feel free to pm me or text on 6579 0572 As always bon nuit, a bientot

i'm surprised to actually find people that don't drink here. XD i never go to any of the social events i hear of because they're all based in a bar or involve "HEY GUUYYYZZZ LETS GET WAAAASTED FUCK YEAAAH".

-_- i know how you feel.

there's lots of stuff to do that don't involve booze, you just have to get creative. :B i can't join on Sunday but i'll help think up a bunch of other activities if the need arises! =)

think i'm not able to join on sunday, but i will certainly keep an eye on this topic. hopefully till next time

There's been events here where it hasn't involved drink? Maybe you're just narrowing your views down too much?

I think maybe the target age range here you're looking for aren't responding to your suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by muddykins:
    i'm surprised to actually find people that don't drink here. XD i never go to any of the social events i hear of because they're all based in a bar or involve "HEY GUUYYYZZZ LETS GET WAAAASTED FUCK YEAAAH".

-_- i know how you feel.

there's lots of stuff to do that don't involve booze, you just have to get creative. :B i can't join on Sunday but i'll help think up a bunch of other activities if the need arises! =)

There have been events and quote successful at that.

Anyone coming to the Temple? - going once, going twice...

Been there and its great but probably not for a second time. If I am upto walking I will be in the wild (hiking on the trails).

Anything for today?

For next Sunday I'm thinking of trying 1 of 2 different days if anyone fancies coming along please consider this advance notice plus an opportunity to influence Sunday plans. Perhaps I should consider selling my time online http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/viewthr...d=625825&gid=3

Melinda 1: Next event (nothing outdoors Lunch at Tai Koo followed by Marley and Me at he TaiKoo UA cinema.

Melinda 2: Hong Kong Wetlland Park, followed by TST Park then Hong Kong Park - 3 parks one day.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast