Feb 15 M&G: How does a lazy Sunday brunch sound?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Smile Feb 15 M&G: How does a lazy Sunday brunch sound?

There are two things I love to do--savoring a lazy brunch on weekends and meeting new people, especially since I just moved here. Are you the same?

If so, how about regularly (say, bi-weekly) meeting up for Sunday brunch? It's a great way to try out restaurants in Hong Kong, and meeting people at the same time. Shall we start this Sunday? Heard that the Press Room serve terrific brunches so would love to check it out. If so, would propose the ff:

Date: February 15 (this Sunday)
    Meeting Time: 1:30 pm (not too early eh!)
    Where: The Press Room
    Open to: Everyone who RSVPs by Thursday, 12 February
    Cost: Pay for what you order of course!

Please let me know if you want to go so I can make reservations! Crossing my fingers that people would respond!

Last edited by raveninhk; 09-02-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Do they make good pancakes? If so, count me in!

Also, I can't believe they have H&H bagel.... reminds me of NYC T.T

let me in ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacat:
    Also, I can't believe they have H&H bagel.... reminds me of NYC T.T
    At $88+10% for one bagel with salmon and cream cheese it had better be something exceptional!

As far as I can see a decent brunch at The Press Room is going to cost $500+ which is approaching the price at which you can get a 4/5* hotel buffet with free flow bubbly.
    Last edited by PDLM; 09-02-2009 at 11:49 AM.

I love to dine at the Press Room for dinners...but I am not too sure about their brunch....

Would u guys wanna go to the Brunch club instead? (just a suggestion~)

Lazy brunch sounds good to me. I can never understand how anyone can go to a brunch on the weekend at say 11am. Still breakfast time to me

However, I've been to the Press Room for brunch and I'm not sure about it as it was a little overpriced and the service was so-so. Maybe that was just service on that day though. I like the atmosphere there. Brunch club would be difficult as it's usually packed and it may take a while for a group to get a table. CRU or Jaspers on Staunton St may be better. Real Bread Cafe next to the escalators is relatively new and I would say great value. However, Raven, I'll leave it to you.. it's good enough when someone takes the initiative to organise something!

Last edited by muse07; 09-02-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    At $88+10% for one bagel with salmon and cream cheese it had better be something exceptional!
    HAHA, but that's the thing though, it DOES cost that much in NY. I've bought a simple bagel + creamcheese at a grocery store that was over US$10

Anyhoo, I'm all for the Press Room, but really, anything would do. Good food, and good company, that's all I need, agree?

Hey Alphacat, this sounds good.. Are you planning another one soon? Would love to join.. Do let me know, the brunch at Wagyu Lounge looks good to me..

I'm in as well - wherever the final location is...

Me in Keep me posted.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast