Just arrived...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Another new person here, well I'm a British born chinese and have been to Hk numerous times but I don't really know anybody. So it'll be good to get to know more people.

u can come for the movie on Friday...will get to meet some people there

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread5725.html

I.t Helpdesk mainly, been doing it for the past 5 years, Main problem I have is that I'm not a hk resident therefore need a work permit and I'm not fluent in canto.

Quote Originally Posted by Max:
    climbednz, mizzmaddie, songf, smelbit, salty, prash,...there's a drinkipoo being organized next week on the 29th. why not come over and meet the rest of the gang?
    Sounds Good. Where and When?

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus1231:
    Does everyone live on the Hong Kong Island?

Anyone lives in ShaTin?

It is hard to hang out with overseas people in ShaTin but I hate to hike all the way out to Central for a drink.

Well, drop me a note if you are around the area.

Cheers,
    Octopus1231

I live in Tai Po not all that far from Sha Tin, but I'm new to HK and have no idea whats around and can't say I have a lot of money at the moment either but if you want to hang out and know a place let me know..
    Last edited by Janneke; 23-10-2005 at 10:21 AM.

Smile Yet Another "Newbie" seeking Buddy's

Hey Gang, Just moved here for work (which i start tomorrow) and spent my first weekend wandering the Streets of HK, Staying in Mong Kok for a week until I sort more permanent diggs! Working in Tai Po and still debating whether to leave close to work or nearer the island and commute! any suggestions?

Also, i'm really interested in making some new friends as i'm finding not really knowing anyone quite hard! (i know i've only been here a few days!).

Any advice would be greatly appretiated. Thanx a million!

Quote Originally Posted by Mina917:
    Octopus1231 - NOT everyone live on HK island..I live in Shatin!!!
    Peapea(another geo member) works in Shatin, so u can always give us a shout if u wana hang out!
    or maybe we can go to Central together next time!
    Mina! Shatin is MY town and it's only big enough for one of us. Haha. Good to meet you the other day. Maybe see you around MY town.

Dodgy one..hehe...C'mon, dont be greedy Lets share this crazy town together!
    It was nice to meet ya@the dinner,must chat with u more next time. Maybe me, u and Octopus1231 can get together in SHATIN one night??

Talking Welcome Hk

Hi Everyone, I am new to here , exotic forum with lots of interesting expats, nice to meet you!

For those who are new in Hong Kong, I wish u can feel like home and get in touch with us - wonderful HK ppl......

Hello Mina and Dodgy One,

Definitely, have you guys tried all the new restaurants in the Plaza. Let's fix a day. You two up for any movies?

My email is [email protected]

later

All you folks are having such a good time in HK that makes me jealous ! So far, I haven’t heard anyone who came from other countries to work complain about the life in HK yet. I wished I could be that lucky ! For the 24 year old young lady from Calif. , here is a good luck wish from a guy from San Jose. Happy working in HK ! You may like it so much that you don’t want to come back.