Swiss Fondue, Friday 5, TST

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Exclamation Swiss Fondue, Friday 5, TST

Hi Folks !

Here's a new diner, for veterans as well as newbies !

What?
    Typical Swiss food, be ready to eat A LOT, and especially a lot of CHEESE !
    - Swiss dry meat, sausages, ham
    - Raclette
    - Cheese Fondue
    - Chocolate (Toblerone) Fondue[IMG]
    - Coffee and Tea

Where?
    The Swiss Chalet
    12-14 Hart Avenue
    phone: 2191 9197
    Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station, Exit D2 (Carnarvon Rd)

When?
    Friday, August 5, 7:30pm

How much?
    HKD 280 per head

Who?
    Everybody is welcome!

Extra?
    Wine is not included, they have Swiss white wine for HKD 150 per bottle. I will try to negociate further to get some wine included in the price.

Please tell me if you come, before Thursday evenning, because they need to know how many people will be there! Otherwise, you may have to sit in the kitchen...

For those who have never had cheese Fondue, just imagine a big pot, with melted cheese and wine in it. You smell, you dip your piece of bred in the cheese, you eat, you burn your tongue, and you smiiiiiile cause it's sooooo good !

What about the chocolate Fondue? Same principle, but you'll dip fruits in melted chocolate with cream...

I'm waiting for your answers !

Last edited by Xav; 01-08-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Aggg that sounds so delicious! I wish I could make it but I'm 90% sure I'll have to work.

P.S: adZ did you forget to pay your phone bill?

xav - can't make dinner but can join you for drinks later
    clay - been getting calls all weekend so maybe you have the wrong number, just pm'd you

yay... swiss food!!!!! i'd love to tag along, but friday is a bad night for me. is it at all possible to move the diner to an earlier date?

Well i am in. Hw can i miss food....

Quote Originally Posted by britelitet:
    yay... swiss food!!!!! i'd love to tag along, but friday is a bad night for me. is it at all possible to move the diner to an earlier date?
    I thought about wednesday or thursday, but both are pretty bad for many people, including myself... Try to make it britelitet!!!
    Clay: you're working? I am as well, no excuse!!!
    adZ: still good if you can come for drinks, but you don't know what you're gonna miss...
    Last edited by Xav; 02-08-2005 at 12:29 AM.

I'm supposed to be having French food with my friends on friday - that means I can only choose one

I'm up for it!! Thursday would be better for me, BUT Friday is good too! Thanks for organizing all this Xav!!

I love to go but I can't make it since I will be in the Mainland. I will be back on Aug 16 to 24 with my wife. If you have anything organized during those dates, you can let me know.

I was wondering if it is the same Swiss Chalet that I know in Canada. I know of Swiss Chalet mainly for chicken. Are there any franchises or just one?

i need to know what type of cheese they use for the fondue, I've had swiss fondue in london before, and I realise I don't like the taste of, umm i think it was gruyere cheese....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast