Living in HK for the 1st time and lonely bc I want to have FUN!!!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    HongKongGirl_22
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Theres always something going on and its always mentioned on here where we're going and when etc.

Oh of course its safe, we're all a very friendly bunch of people you should join us sometime, don't worry we won't bite!
    Hey Jimbo, have you met many friends from this web site?????? It would be so cool meeting new pics from this web site. I would wanna join you guys sometimes!!! Let me know if there's any party~~~ But i'm a bit worried about my poor ENglish. I speak Cantonese. I don't speak Englsih really well......>.<..... WHat language do u speak???????????????

I've met some friends offline. I met them in Bangkok, Thailand. It was so cool hunging out with them!!! All friends I met there are friendly persons

Quote Originally Posted by jamesk486:
    I'm in my early 20s and just moved from NYC to Hong Kong for work; I've visited HK many times when I was young, but its different now that I'm living here. Its kind of like NYC, if you have a lot of friends, it can be fun, but unfortunately I dont really know anyone here so it makes it pretty painful since I had a pretty active social life and many close friends that I left behind..

Are there ways of meeting any people/expats? I'm pretty outgoing if you get to know me but at the same time I'm pretty shy in the beginning and not aggressive enough to go out by myself and start conversations with random people...

Its pretty depressing because now I worry about what I will do on the weekends and how I will spend them alone. I know I sound like a loser but honestly I know how to have fun and a someone good to know (or even date- btw I'm a GIRL)...any suggestions ppl?
    you can hang out with me, but u'll have to be patient since I'm not back until the end of the year!!

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongGirl_22:
    Hey Jimbo, have you met many friends from this web site?????? It would be so cool meeting new pics from this web site. I would wanna join you guys sometimes!!! Let me know if there's any party~~~ But i'm a bit worried about my poor ENglish. I speak Cantonese. I don't speak Englsih really well......>.<..... WHat language do u speak???????????????
    Oh I've met so many friends on here its unbelievable especially my bestest buddies curly wurly and bubs!

We always advertise whats going on here so keep an eye out, Don't worry about your poor english it will be good practise for you if you use it more and half of us are TEFL teachers anyway!

I'm a BBC so I'm fluent in English but can also speak a strange mix of Canto and Hakka but I also need practise in those too!

Oh I've met so many friends on here its unbelievable especially my bestest buddies curly wurly and bubs!

*sob sob weep weep*

Old friends are forgotten and the new ones are top on the list!!

No matter - you are still my special best buddy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alikhanrubina:

*sob sob weep weep*

Old friends are forgotten and the new ones are top on the list!!

No matter - you are still my special best buddy!!!
    How could I ever forget you! Even though you forgot about me on the weekend by not responding to my message about my Birthday!

And yes you are still one of my bestest buddies but curly wurly and bubs are fellow Brits and all us pie eating beer swilling hooligans must stick together!

HongKongGirl_22

We always advertise whats going on here so keep an eye out, Don't worry about your poor english it will be good practise for you if you use it more and half of us are TEFL teachers anyway!

I'm a BBC so I'm fluent in English but can also speak a strange mix of Canto and Hakka but I also need practise in those too!
    Oh I didn't know you 're BBC. So if I ever have chance to see you, it's ok for me to speak to u in Cantonese??? SO you can practise your Cantonese~~:P :P I'd also wanna make some new friends here~

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongGirl_22:
    Oh I didn't know you 're BBC. So if I ever have chance to see you, it's ok for me to speak to u in Cantonese??? SO you can practise your Cantonese~~:P :P I'd also wanna make some new friends here~
    Oh sure, we can do a language exchange then! believe you me your english is much better than my canto for sure!

How could I ever forget you! Even though you forgot about me on the weekend by not responding to my message about my Birthday!

And yes you are still one of my bestest buddies but curly wurly and bubs are fellow Brits and all us pie eating beer swilling hooligans must stick together!
    Ooops I did that did I not - bad friend me!!! BUT, we are celebrating your birthday on SATURDAY night right?? Actually I am looking forward to ushering it by singing the birthday song for you - in person!!!

I hated to write back and say that I will not be able to make it on Sunday to any gathering, sorry Jimbo, about not letting you know earlier, I thought I could manouver it some how, but no go!!!

Just confirmed it for 100% a few minutes ago!! Sorry, but my best wishes and my thoughts will be with you on Sunday, missing you and all our bestest friends all together!!!

Warm regards,
    Rubina.

And yes you are still one of my bestest buddies but curly wurly and bubs are fellow Brits and all us pie eating beer swilling hooligans must stick together! [/QUOTE]

Errrrr Jimbo - we are ladies! We certainly do not eat pie and swill beer like hooigans! But granted, put a spirit and mixer in our hands and we could drink any other nation under the table! heeheehee

Quote Originally Posted by Bubs:
    Errrrr Jimbo - we are ladies! We certainly do not eat pie and swill beer like hooigans! But granted, put a spirit and mixer in our hands and we could drink any other nation under the table! heeheehee [/QUOTE]

I know bubs but I was doing my usual stereotyping of brits abroad! hehe

Of course your fine self and sideshow bob are an exception to the rule as you're both classy ladies who know how to have fun! And theres no doubting that you both could drink me under the table nowadays too! I'm a lightweight in my old age but back in the day I could hold my own and I don't mean on my own in bed!