Living in HK for the 1st time and lonely bc I want to have FUN!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Unhappy Living in HK for the 1st time and lonely bc I want to have FUN!!!

I'm in my early 20s and just moved from NYC to Hong Kong for work; I've visited HK many times when I was young, but its different now that I'm living here. Its kind of like NYC, if you have a lot of friends, it can be fun, but unfortunately I dont really know anyone here so it makes it pretty painful since I had a pretty active social life and many close friends that I left behind..

Are there ways of meeting any people/expats? I'm pretty outgoing if you get to know me but at the same time I'm pretty shy in the beginning and not aggressive enough to go out by myself and start conversations with random people...

Its pretty depressing because now I worry about what I will do on the weekends and how I will spend them alone. I know I sound like a loser but honestly I know how to have fun and a someone good to know (or even date- btw I'm a GIRL)...any suggestions ppl?

Wink

Awww....Dun worry girl.I felt like that when i first moved back to HK to work. But since meeting some fun&crazy people from this site, i feel like my 'real' life is back again.I know its strange meeting people from online but this site is safe,most of them are friendly&fun. (like me! WAHAHA)

Just come to our gettogethers and u will be FINE!
    Actually a few of us r meeting up later on tonight for drinks if u wana join (but then again, we will have to see the weather a bit later on)
    Let me know if you r interested to come!

WELCOME TO HK BTW!

I joined the Cantonese class in wan chai (www.hkllc.com) and met some new cool friends. I just moved here about 10 days ago...These classmates and I are planning to go hiking next week, you can join us if you like outdoor activity...I love to meet new friends too and I agree that life is boring without them
    BTW, this is another Mina!!!
    Hey MINA917...gettogether is with all the expats you know from this website??? thats very cool...but it is ok for people who don't know how to drink too???
    Regards

>> is ok for people who don't know how to drink too???

Mina917, can I answer this question? Please? Please?

KnowitAll - Hmmm..... r u begging me? Just kidding!
    GO ON THEN - give Mina no.2 the best answer

Shri, no need to answer the question.. Just show the photos

still dun know the exact answer...i just don't want to be an outcast if i can't take alcohol...i dun want to pretend..just want to blend in...smile

Quote Originally Posted by minack:
    still dun know the exact answer...i just don't want to be an outcast if i can't take alcohol...i dun want to pretend..just want to blend in...smile
    Maybe it would be easier if you told us what do you like to do

just because you are in a bar/club doesn't mean that you have to drink alcohol and smoke fags and etc...if you are with the right bunch of fun loving people *like us* then you will have a great time no matter what..

thanks angiebaby....
    what i like to do??? I want to make friends...and I would like these friends to feel comfortable having me around...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast