The Truce Inn

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Light hearted banter is encouraged AC, but a lot of the chat being posted was just rubbish. As i said above as an example, its not funny and adds nothing to the conversation. Its like we're all sitting here talking about something (anything), and someone adds:

My toe hurts heheheh rofl

It is in no way usefull to anyone, and is just the act of a bored loser. You must see this is a waste of space when done? Thats why i'm angry.

I also can't stand 'baby talk' from adults...but thats another issue

Must...resist...piling-on...ARGHHH!!!!

piling-on - ???

Before we have a touchy-feely group portrait taken, complete you know which two frenching each other, can I ask what has happened to the rest of us refugees. I cant see Mr.D's bollocks anywhere, nor Cabbie rolling them for that matter.

I suppose I can see the Pointy-Haired Boss's point - this site's main purpose is to be useful, with the chat-side as a bonus as opposed to IR, which was purely chat (and look what happened to that).

So, what expertise do we have that we can share?

Dr. Watson - Sailing
    Likely Lad - a local guide for those who bat for the other side (and I don't necessarily mean the Aussies)
    Aussie Chick - guide to shopping in Kowloon-side
    DrambuieMan - Korean IP (that's going to be a popular one!)
    Apple Sauce - best place to pick up chicks in HK
    McDude - cycling-related stuff
    Moriarty - err...... *scratches head*

I can't remember who else is who!

Anyway, so let's try to be a little helpful, to keep KIA happy?

Most of the locals seem like a nice bunch - even Baron on occassion - but - if you don't like a thread, why hang around in it?

Thanks Moriarty....i think! I wasn't having a go at the THREAD, just SOME of the posts being made. I actually enjoy the INN thread to just talk about anything, but even anything has it's limits. I also like a good argument, so sometimes i like to mix it up and make it interesting. I only pick on someone who i think can take it...though sometimes (gasp!) i'm wrong, as in this last case.

Baron> I do appreciate you taking the time to respond to my query. To some extent I can understand your views, but please remember, some of us are new to this site and sometimes it pays to give oneself time to really get to know a handle before making judgements about them. I agree with Moriarty; we can make a positve contribution to this, but do understand some us are still trying to get a handle on the site and the way it operates and some patience by the regulars would be greatly appreciated.

and that blackadder chap knows a thing or two about drinking (allegedly!)

ok, will try to keep my double entedres to myself... unless I have something REALLY interesting to say I shall simply observe...from afar...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast