The Truce Inn

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Chick:
    I may be an Aussie, but as you may or may not know, I hate the taste of beer, whether it's Foster's, Carlton or any imported beers. And I'm not really into watching AFL games. I think I've only attended one and that was over 20 years ago.
    HA! Next you'll be trying to tell us that you don't have a boomerang, or a hat with corks on!

Red face

Baron> I'm 3rd generation Aussie, but yes, I have English, Scottish and Irish ancestors. But I do like Australian white wines, particularly Brown Brothers. Ironically, my maternal Great Grandparents owned a pub in England.

Moriarty> you're correct, I do not own a single boomerang or hat with corks on it. I tried throwing a boomerang in my younger days but I was hopeless at it.

BTW, if anyone can give me some help with this query, I'd be most grateful. In December, my husband and I will be venturing over to HK. My 13 year old niece is accompanying us and we're thinking of taking her to HK Disneyland. But I'm not sure of the best route to take from our Hotel in TST to Disneyland? Trains or buses?

I'm also of English stock on my fathers side. Comes in handy for duel passports.

Trains. Will get there in no time as there is a station built for the new park.

You mean you're not boycotting Disneyland like everyone else here?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Chick:
    BTW, if anyone can give me some help with this query, I'd be most grateful. In December, my husband and I will be venturing over to HK. My 13 year old niece is accompanying us and we're thinking of taking her to HK Disneyland. But I'm not sure of the best route to take from our Hotel in TST to Disneyland? Trains or buses?
    take the ferry from the tst ferry pier to central...then get the tung chung line from hong kong station to sunny bay station..*plan plan plan to go to hong kong disneyland*
    Last edited by angiebaby80; 26-08-2005 at 03:16 PM.

A_C - get to the Kowloon Airport Express Station and you can get a direct MTR train from there. The Disney trains' windows are Mickey Mouse-shaped.

Mrs. Moriarty (and your GD, of course!) is going as a guest of a Disney worker in a couple of weeks time, so I'll get her to report back to you.

Baron - sorry - re Dr. Who - will check out the downloads - thanks.

Excellent. Thanks everyone for the travel advice.

Moriarty> thanks for that mtr link.

The thought of Disneyland doesn't thrill me, but we really should take my niece for a visit, especially since it's her first trip overseas and her first flight ever. I can just imagine we'll almost need a wheelbarrow of money for that little outing.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast