Harbour Place, Hung Hom & Meeting new friends late 20's - 30's

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hey I'm in Kowloon and would like to go for hotpot too; I've only had it once and I miss it!

Tue is fine for me, Wed will do too. Hope some of us can get together.

We should probably make a new thread for this Event to make it more obvious.

Sorry. didn't see your message till tonight. My weekends are pretty hectic at the moment. Well .. usually out drinking *^_^* .. best to just sms me and we can hook up. At the moment I'm in LKF a lot since my sister works in Central, but I think I might start drinking in Knutsford Terrace or TST. All Night Long Bar seem to have a good Live Band.

Quote Originally Posted by arashikage:
    drinks? Coffee or alcohol? like Knutsford Terrace?

faye, anywhere to hang out tonight?

Seems to be a few ppl interested in going Hotpot .. lets go Tuesday then (I'm definitely going Shenzhen on Wed). You have time to join us Eddie? You seem to be the most familiar with HK, unless anyone else have suggestions to where we could go in Kowloon (TST, Jordan, YauMaTei, Mongkok). If not .. I can ask my relatives or a taxi driver uncle (they seem to know quite a bit about where to go).

So far I count six of us (From All Over, Tweak, Arashikage, Eddiew888, BlueChicago, Moi).

We could all meet up for a drink in TST before hotpot if we going for the 9pm buffet that Eddie suggests at New Star Seafood .. but 9pm maybe late for some of you. I'm flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiew888:
    There is a decent hotpot restaurant in TSt called New Star Seafood. Its in Hart Avenue and after 9pm they have a relatively cheap all-you can eat hotpot buffet for around $80, then add 10% and soup base, then should still be around or under $100.

Also the price include drinks (incl. beer albeit its Blue Ice)

Sure Faye, Tues night is alright for me, but I may be a bit late, maybe there after 9pm....so maybe you will have to go ahead and get a table.

However I thought of a better place to go for Hot Pot..how about Tack Hsin Restaurant in Causway Bay Plaza 2. Bigger restaurant, nicer environment and after 9pm its $58. But this is not including drinks.
    Tack Hsin Restaurant | HK-magazine.com

The place I mentioned is a buffet after 9pm, but they do not accept reservations prior to it. Only walk-ins. So basically someone will have to go there a bit before 9 and get a ticket for the table cos there might be a bit of a queue on Tuesday night since Wednesday is a public holiday.

Here is a poster I found....basically all you really need to take notice of is the time (after 9pm) and the price $78 per adult (although this is not incl service charge)

here is its link on Open Rice .... anybody read chinese...
    粵菜 (廣東) Yue (Guangdong) 點心 Dim Sum 酒樓 Dim Sum Restaurant 新星海鮮酒家 的概要 - 香港餐廳 - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant

Or there is also "Little Fat Sheep" which has many restaurants everywhere but not sure about their buffet prices.

Last edited by eddiew888; 29-06-2009 at 09:45 AM.

last time when i ate in "little fat sheep", they have the promotion something like the sixth person get a free meal. not sure about those in TST though.

So what time and where do you guys want to meet? let us meet for a drink first? I might have two neighbors coming with me.

Oh count me in, i like hotpot! Since i am living in Hung hom, i vote TST for my preference, i don't mind going to CWB though

thanks for counting me in, but I probably gotta skip this one, since I'm still recovering from my sore throat.......

that's why I prefer coffee to hot pot meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by faye_faye:
    Seems to be a few ppl interested in going Hotpot .. lets go Tuesday then (I'm definitely going Shenzhen on Wed). You have time to join us Eddie? You seem to be the most familiar with HK, unless anyone else have suggestions to where we could go in Kowloon (TST, Jordan, YauMaTei, Mongkok). If not .. I can ask my relatives or a taxi driver uncle (they seem to know quite a bit about where to go).

So far I count six of us (From All Over, Tweak, Arashikage, Eddiew888, BlueChicago, Moi).

We could all meet up for a drink in TST before hotpot if we going for the 9pm buffet that Eddie suggests at New Star Seafood .. but 9pm maybe late for some of you. I'm flexible.

Yea .. TST my preference also, but going to CWB Plaza is also very convenient on 115 from Hung Hom. I'm not familiar with where to go drinking in CWB either so I think just go TST.

I called New Star Seafood Hotpot Restaurant. It's $78 buffet incl beer and soft drinks. 4 for the price of 3 persons. There's also quite a few bars nearby, but Knutsford Terrace isn't too far away.

Tweak: No plans to make a new thread for this event as too many people for hotpot makes the event unsocial.

Those of you interested can PM me and I we can exchange phone numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerday:
    Oh count me in, i like hotpot! Since i am living in Hung hom, i vote TST for my preference, i don't mind going to CWB though