Harbour Place, Hung Hom & Meeting new friends late 20's - 30's

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Harbour Place, Hung Hom & Meeting new friends late 20's - 30's

I just arrived back to HK 3 weeks ago from UK. Didn't realise how bored I'd get with no job and no plans on getting one yet. Just chilling.

My sister is a socialite with parties every weekend, but during the week I'm bored to death waiting for her to come home from work.

Would like to meet new friends anywhere in HK for drinks and activities, although if you live in Harbour Place we can use the clubhouse facilities .. maybe play snooker, tennis, badminton or go to Whampoa for bowling, dinner, or the cinema.

Anyone go drinking in TST? Anyone know how to fish or golf? (two activities I want to learn). Anyone own a dog and have good places to walk the dog? Anyone like to play arcade games?

I'm actually a HK chinese girl brought up in UK since 3, so I can speak Cantonese and fluent English.

PM or email ([email protected]) me if you have any upcoming activities, meet-ups or just wanna meet for drinks, dinner, etc.

Faye x

Last edited by faye_faye; 25-06-2009 at 03:22 AM.

Hi Faye,...I am a BBC who came back to HK out of the blue 3 years ago...and so I understand the difficulty to settle in when you have not got that many friends around so there is times where it gets a bit boring.

I am pretty much up for anything...although I do not play golf nor am I an expert in the art of fishing. Let me know if you have any plans.

Eddie

Hi Eddie. yea .. it's boring especially during the weekdays! You probably already know about the implicit working hours in HK. Although my sister is contracted till 6pm .. she doesn't get off work till about 8pm and usually doesn't get home till 11pm-Midnight.

I'm living off Macdonalds, microwave dim sum and pot noodles >.<

You interested in going for hotpot? One of my friends has agreed to go, but hotpot is definitely a group event.

I totally understand the difficulty of settling in. My sister moved to HK in Sept and it took her several months to settle in, find a job and make new friends.

I should be less bored in July as I've registered for a 4 week intensive (mon-thu 12pm-5pm) hip hop / jazz dance classes ^_^

Do I hear a hot pot event? Let's do it! I wouldn't mind going to an arcade too. I haven't been to one in a long long while. I know TST has one beside the Food Republic (some food court). Although I totally forgot the name of the mall it was in. I'm totally new to Hong Kong so I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to eat Hot Pot. But if anyone knows a good place let's all setup a time to chill

I sometimes go to TST for a drink. pm you if I go for a drink.

There is a decent hotpot restaurant in TSt called New Star Seafood. Its in Hart Avenue and after 9pm they have a relatively cheap all-you can eat hotpot buffet for around $80, then add 10% and soup base, then should still be around or under $100.

Also the price include drinks (incl. beer albeit its Blue Ice)

i am in for hotpot too. :P

wooo .. sounds good! Next week for hotpot in TST? Didn't think anyone would be interested coz of the hot weather ;p .. I just feel like hotpot coz not had one in ages.

Tue or Fri? However, I tend to go out for drinks afterwards on Fridays.

I could possibly do Wed too .. but depends if I'm going Shenzhen or not.

What days is best for everyone else?? xx

drinks? Coffee or alcohol? like Knutsford Terrace?

faye, anywhere to hang out tonight?

I'm totally on board for Tuesday Hotpot. Haven't done it myself in ages.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast