Dating in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Dating in Hong Kong

Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if my post is in the right thread but I would appreciate some help nevertheless.

What is the best way for a woman in her mid 30s to find a suitable partner in Hong Kong? It seems that if one does not participate in activities like drinking, dancing, it is not easy at all to meet and establish a relationship with the opposite sex.

I do understand that men here are spoilt for choices but surely there are some single men who would like to meet new friends with th intention of a long term relationship.

I myself would like to meet new people but it is hard - especially when I don't have a lot of friends in Hong Kong - and the friends I do have are also single and looking.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Cacia

I'd say just relax and go to some of the meets that people do on this board. It's not always drinking/dancing. Or start a new thread suggesting lunch or something like that.

Just start hanging around people and not worrying about meeting a guy; expand your social circle and you'll eventually meet some guy you like!

Quote Originally Posted by From All Over:
    I'd say just relax and go to some of the meets that people do on this board. It's not always drinking/dancing. Or start a new thread suggesting lunch or something like that.

Just start hanging around people and not worrying about meeting a guy; expand your social circle and you'll eventually meet some guy you like!
    I agree. Me, I ain't into drinking or dancing too. But that doesn't stop me from getting social with ppl.

Some ppl, like me, prefer to hang out at starbuck or cafe for coffee & cakes. Also, try to start a hobby, like join some sport club or book club, etc.

Another choice is church. but I don't think it's wise to see this as a way for dating, 'coz christians, esp sincere types hate to see ppl going there in search for dates; however, you can't deny that quite a lot of couples find their lifemates through church.

For all over is right, try to expand social circles first.

I'd say start an event and meet people that way. Moreover, people will see you have great leadership skills! YEAH! Guys will like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak:
    I'd say start an event and meet people that way. Moreover, people will see you have great leadership skills! YEAH! Guys will like that too.
    yep. organize something for 30ish people. that is a good place to start.

Join up some meets, do more social stuff, play some sports, gym and just take it as comes and enjoy yourself, stop worrying so much and before you know you will be dating someone you fancy big time

Thank you so much everyone!!! I guess at the back of my mind, I believed that if it was meant to be then it will be - I should not make it into a campaign or something... Anyhow I guess I should change the way I think and be more proactive, I honestly have nothing to lose but everything to gain by doing more activities... But it's not like I haven't been doing anything, it's just that there has always been more female participants... Well before I go on with more of my mumblings and grumblings, I sincerely thank you for your advises

Cacia

Cacia you should be more like these girls

^.~ Just put you right foot out and I'm sure it'll work out. So many people in HK. Only been here for a few weeks and I've meet sooo many people.

Thank you so much (E.S.) for your private message – I really appreciate the time you have taken in writing and I have to say your suggestions are by far the most concrete – I really value them - not that I don't value the other suggestions The scene concept is totally new to me but I know exactly what you are trying to say Thanks again!