New to Hong Kong -> all the way from Canada

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

New to Hong Kong -> all the way from Canada

Hey Y'all,

So I've been here for about 11 days now and it hasn't been too bad. I just graduated from McMaster University in Ontario and I took a position at Giordanos in the Marketing Department for the year. Brave move I know. Anyways, I am still trying to meet some people to chill with. I tried the Canadian Club and that was a bust since all of them are my parents age. I met some others last night but would love to meet some more. They took me to a bar called Finds and that was fun.

So I guess I should describe a little bit about myself. My hobbies are movies, art, sports, traveling and hanging out. I espcially love independent movies and hanging out at pubs. I would definitely love to meet all those crazy, kewl people out there from Lan Kwai fong that I keep hearing about.

Please hit me back..love to hit a pub and grab a drink.

~ LiSS ~
    Last edited by ~LiSS~; 12-11-2005 at 02:48 PM.

Hey Liss,

I used to live in Canada too. Let's gather up some more canucks and go for happy hour or something.

simon.

Hey Liss, I'm a mac alumnus myself!!!

Anyway, a bunch of us Geoexpaters are meeting tonight at D'Apartment in LKF. Here is the posting info:

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread6116.html

Liss, good to meet you last night. Will have to get together again and plan an expat Christmas dinner.

Anyway, here is the info for the Mac dinner I mentioned:

http://www.mcmaster.ca/ua/alumni/eve...s.cfm#hongkong

Thanks so much for the MAC info. I would have never imagined that their would be an alumni dinner in Hong Kong. That's pretty awesome.
    I'm def. all for organizing an X-mas Expat dinner. I'm sure I'll see you soon.

~ LiSS ~

LiSS, it was really nice to meet ya!
    and def have to meet up before the Xmas dinner.

p.s ive added u to my msn..hope u dont mind!!

I missed meeting some more canucks Sat night! canucklboy and I were hanging out at a pub in SoHo then came late to D'apartment. We're both from cowtown Calgary, Alberta and just met at last Tues expat get-together. canucklboy is local now and I'm a regular visitor.

I enjoy sitting around shooting the sh*t, whether it's drinks, coffee, dinner etc.

The more the merrier! PM me if you'd to join us (non-Canadians are welcome too!).

Hey Mina,

Ya, I'm def. looking forward to some more bar outtings. Talk to you soon.

Going out on weekends is desperately futile. I advance the motion to go out on Tuesday and maybe Wednesday evenings. This very Tuesday i propose hitting 1/5 and environs.

I'm Canadian too (and went to University in Calgary, 'eh' and 'canukboy')! I'd love to meet up!

I just graduated for UofC in july, degree in Drama. I'm teaching drama here, in english of course. And I'm pretty much into everything. Haven't been able to make it out to a geoexpat organized thing yet, though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast